• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Insert new row in google sheet with data from a new google sheet uploaded to google drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to use the Google Drive "New File in Specific Folder" trigger. This will retrieve a new google sheet that was uploaded to that folder. Then I need to take data from specific cells in that google sheet and insert that data into a new row in an already existing google sheet. I cannot figure out how to do this. Specifically I am having trouble accessing the data and mapping it. Can you please help me?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Based on my limited understanding of your use case, it seems like you want to fetch the data from the spreadsheet you uploaded in a specific folder on your Google Drive. If that is the case, you can use the 'Google Sheets: Get Row(s)' action event to retrieve the data from that particular Google Sheets spreadsheet. Be sure to enable the mapping option and map the spreadsheet ID from the trigger step.

1693563946870.png

Please watch the video shared below to understand how you can use Get Row(s) action event. Ignore the other trigger and action steps.

Thank you for your response. That was definitely something I didn't realize I needed to do. However, I cannot map the sheet name. I tried manually entering it, but that did not work either.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please ensure that the spreadsheet you are trying to capture data from has headers for each column.
1693638118524.png

1693638302047.png

Status
Not open for further replies.