• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Is it possible to split thread a Workflow? Or reference Data already in another Workflow?

RoCrow

I have a Workflow that has a Delay at the end of it, before it triggers an Email.

I want to have a step before the Delay (as this step is important to happen beforehand) that uses a Filter to determine if some Criteria is met.

If the Criteria is met, then this step will Trigger a Telegram message.

However, regardless of whether the Criteria is met, I want the Workflow to continue onto the Delay step and, eventually, Trigger the Email send.

Is there a way to "branch off" one of the steps in a Workflow, so that the rest of the Workflow continues regardless of what happens in that branch?

Or, if not, is there a way to reference Data already collected/created in that Workflow (let's call it Workflow A) that can then be acted upon via a new Workflow (Workflow B)?

I'm trying to avoid having to use a lot of resources in a Workflow (B) to replicate steps already taken by a different Workflow (A), as it seems a waste to "do the work" twice (of both your resources and my task limit!)

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @RoCrow

Could you please elaborate on your use case briefly and also do share your desired workflow so that we can look into it?

RoCrow

Hey @Supreme

Sure (though I'm afraid it wasn't as brief as I'd hoped!):

Let's say I have 10 steps in my workflow that, eventually, gives me all the data I need to do what I want with.

At Step 11 I want to insert a Filter. This will determine whether or not the data I have matches the criteria of the filter.

I then want the workflow to Fork into two Branches - let's call them A and B.

I then want the Filter to have the options to have the data sent down BOTH branches in parallel. It will flow to branch A (the main branch) regardless of whether the Filter criteria was met, or not. But it will ONLY flow to branch B (the fork branch) IF the filter criteria was met.

That way, we then have Steps 12A (main branch) and 12B (forked branch) running in parallel.

In my case, I would then want to insert a Delay in step 12A that will then move on to Step 13A (which would be to send an email) regardless of whether the criteria of the filter in Step 11 was met or not.

But I'd also have a parallel branch running - B - that would do different things with the data from steps 12B and onwards, if the Filter was met.

This would give a lot more power and flexibility to a workflow whilst not needing to replicate the first 11 steps into a new workflow, just to get to exactly the same point (because that would be literally duplicating workloads, resource and task usage, which should really be unnecessary).

An alternative or, better yet, complement, to the above, would be the ability to have another new Pabbly module called "Reference Workflow", which would give the user the ability to add both a Trigger or an Action step that would simply reference the output data from any desired step in any other workflow on the account (or, even, on other Pabbly accounts, though I imagine that would be a lot more challenging to build, as you'd need to factor in security connections between accounts, etc).

This way, for example, one could have a Workflow (A) that might be 15 steps long. And another workflow (B) that Triggers from data output by step 8 in workflow A, and then use it to start it's own workflow.

Fingers crossed that makes more sense now?

Cheers!

Fagun Shah

Cool, thanks :)
You can use Routers as step 12A(with filter you want) and 12B as always true filter condition. And in both routers you can send data to another workflow whichcontains remaining steps using API Module and trigger in2nd workflow will be webhook.

RoCrow

You can use Routers as step 12A(with filter you want) and 12B as always true filter condition. And in both routers you can send data to another workflow whichcontains remaining steps using API Module and trigger in2nd workflow will be webhook.
Thanks, that's great; I'll look into that!