• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Issues with Sending Multiple Checkbox Values to Pabbly Connect Webhook via AJAX Call

abul dev

I have been integrating Pabbly Connect with my application for a long time without any issues. Recently, however, I encountered a problem when sending data to the Pabbly Connect webhook using an AJAX call. Specifically, I have a checkbox field that allows multiple selections. When I select multiple values and send the data using an AJAX call like checkbox=val1&checkbox=val2, Pabbly Connect only captures the last value (val2) and ignores the others.

This issue has only started occurring recently, and I am unsure what might have changed to cause this. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a known solution or workaround for properly sending multiple checkbox values to Pabbly Connect? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

tohid_001

I have been integrating Pabbly Connect with my application for a long time without any issues. Recently, however, I encountered a problem when sending data to the Pabbly Connect webhook using an AJAX call. Specifically, I have a checkbox field that allows multiple selections. When I select multiple values and send the data using an AJAX call like checkbox=val1&checkbox=val2, Pabbly Connect only captures the last value (val2) and ignores the others.

This issue has only started occurring recently, and I am unsure what might have changed to cause this. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a known solution or workaround for properly sending multiple checkbox values to Pabbly Connect? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.
I am also facing the same issue

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @abul dev

Please verify it using a webhooks testing platform known as webhook.site. Copy the webhook URL from Webhook.site into your application, and trigger a test event to see if the webhook functions correctly on Webhook.site. This will help confirm the issue. Could you also provide us with the dummy incoming data that is not being processed as expected?

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

abul dev

1720621881801.pngScreenshot 2024-07-10 at 8.32.02 PM.png

I have submitted the form with the values Football and Cricket. The data is being received by webhook.site as Raw Content.
Here are the relevant URLs for reference:

Thank you.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @abul dev

When passing multiple favGames parameters through a webhook URL, only the last value is received. This is because the URL encoding does not handle multiple parameters with the same name well.

Solution:
  1. Combine values into a single parameter:

Name=Abul&email=abul%40dev.io&favGames=football,cricket
    Parse the combined value on the receiving end.

2. Use array syntax (if supported):

Name=Abul&email=abul%40dev.io&favGames[]=football&favGames[]=cricket
    Ensure the receiver is designed to handle arrays.
Select the method that aligns with the capabilities of your webhook-sending application.

1720684931343.png

abul dev

Hey @Supreme

We've been using this setup for two years without encountering this issue. My question now is whether this issue has existed since the beginning or if it's a recent development.

I can implement either of the proposed solutions, but each comes with its own set of challenges. If this issue is related to Pabbly Connect, we will request their support to address and resolve it. If it turns out not to be their responsibility, then I'll proceed with one of the suggested solutions.

Thank you.

Supreme

Staff member
The issue you're experiencing with receiving only one favGames parameter is not new; it’s how webhooks typically handle repeated parameters. When multiple parameters with the same name are passed, only the last value is retained. This behavior is consistent and not a recent development.

To address this, you can implement either of the following solutions:

1. Combine values into a single parameter:

Name=Abul&email=abul%40dev.io&favGames=football,cricket
    This way, you can parse the combined value on the receiving end.

2. Use array syntax (if supported by the receiver):

Name=Abul&email=abul%40dev.io&favGames[]=football&favGames[]=cricket

abul dev

Hey @Supreme

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your help with the pabbly connect issue I was facing. Your suggestions were very helpful, and I appreciate the time you took to assist me.

Thank you again for your support!