• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Iterator not picking up values from before Iterator

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoris

Hello team,
I am working with a workflow that receives a data set that I am formatting into various rows. I use Iterator to get through a json array (page visits). The iteration process goes fine with the different values (2 records, 2 sets of values, 2 rows in MySQL).

The issue I have is with data not going through the iteration, common to each row: it only gets written in the first record of the iteration, not the next ones. If I relate to the help video of the Iterator (11:18), it's as if I get all the data in the first record. And then the subsequent records only get the iterated values (Name, Id, Quantity, Amount), not the order number. I just don't understand where the error can come from. Any idea? -> the workflow.

Edit: same issue with Google Docs (used as test).

Thanks in advance,
Mickael

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aoris

Kindly make the data directly from the Iterator action step instead of the JSON extractor action step, since the JSON extractor doesn't require any more.

aoris

Thanks @Supreme .

That is strange: I have 1 workflow that works using data from before the Iterator, and 1 workflow that does not work using data from before the workflow.

Also, I do not understand the workflow would stop accessing data variables from before the Iterator. Kind of defeats the point of workflow, doesn't it?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aoris

We couldn't find the workflow in which you have faced such an error. So, can you please share the workflow once?

aoris

Hey @Supreme !

The workflow is the one mentioned above (the workflow) but I had to remove steps and use a second workflow to move on with the work (basically I resent the data to a second workflow to continue with the process).

I have just added a pair of tasks to run the Iterator and then write out a mix of data points from both before and within the Iterator. Those are page visits. The G doc is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16wiR_XhQHZqsPScabwscwM1cA7IWGZK6tBGibfowhjg/edit?usp=sharing (view only, no confidential/personal data).

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aoris

As we can see from your workflows tasks history Id, it appears that the action step is not getting the data label that should come from the Iterator action step.

So, please check your task history ID once whether you are getting the mapped data from the Iterator action step or not.

1677046779203.png

aoris

Well, the new workflow is working fine, so I guess that we can close the conversation. I must have introduced a glitch in the data selection or something at the time. Thanks for looking into the matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.