• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

MailChimp

JCD

I am switching to Pabbly from Zapier and I have a couple questions on how to achieve the same results related to MailChimp.
  1. Add/Update member task in Zapier - this appears to be 2 different tasks in Pabbly. If I use Add New Member in Pabbly, will the action just fail if the person is already a member? If I use Update Member, it is wanting me to select a specific member. I need to update the person based on whatever source I am using.
  2. Add Subscriber to Tag in Zapier - in Zapier it gives me a selection box to choose my tag from those i have built in MailChimp and it will update the member again based on the source. In Pabbly, Add Member Tag requires I select a specific member and just type in a tag.
So in summary, my questions are
  1. How do I update a member based on my source?
  2. How do I add or remove a member tag in MailChimp to a member based on my source?
  3. What happens if I'm using Add New Member and the member already exists?
So far I am loving Pabbly! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JCD
Add/Update member task in Zapier - this appears to be 2 different tasks in Pabbly. If I use Add New Member in Pabbly, will the action just fail if the person is already a member? If I use Update Member, it is wanting me to select a specific member. I need to update the person based on whatever source I am using.
Yes, in Pabbly as of now we have 2 separate endpoints to Add/Update a Member. But you can manage the work with the help of Router Conditions where you can establish the condition on the presence of Mailchimp's Members.

Please check out the following screenshot for a better understanding

Respective workflow - https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/share/CkJTYVUSBi4ASQlzVDlTN1hMAyoHTQFXB2ABEw##

2021-08-09_16h17_24.png

You can add or remove a member tag in MailChimp to a member -

2021-08-09_16h33_24.png
2021-08-09_16h32_16.png

And if you are using Add New Member and the member already exists the response would be like this

2021-08-09_16h36_36.png

For a better understanding of Routers, please go through it -

Last edited by a moderator: