• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Merchant of Record

tobyy

Me and my client are looking for a subscription billing system for a wordpress website. my client would prefer to use a sales platform that acts as a "Merchant of Record" (like gumroad or digistore24), because this would probably save a lot of hazzle regarding taxes when selling in different countries and setting up various payment systems.

correct me if i am wrong, but PSB does not offer this, am i right?

with PSB we are still the seller of the digital products, and invoices are sent in the name of our company, the customer pays directly to us (via stripe for example), correct?

maybe you can tell if there is a possibility where PSB is acting as the merchant of record or maybe it is possible with one of your payment gateways?

or maybe you can what administrative advantages (especially invoicing and taxation responsibilities of the transactions) i would have using PSB against gumroad or digistore24?

forgive me if that's a noob question but i am a little bit confused over the difference of these payment options.

S

Sonam

Hey Tobyy,

Thanks for the request.

Please refer below what we offer in PSB-

Pabbly Subscription Billing provides checkout page for payment collection & maintains the billing/charge deduction cycle depending upon the subscribed plan accordingly. Therefore, the payment gateways like Stripe actually look after the payment process i.e. charging the card & settling the amount etc., wherein PSB only maintain records for the same. Hence, “Merchant of Record” depends upon the payment gateway.

Also, for taxation & invoicing, we do have certain features in our system. For reference, please follow the below doc links -
Tax Module - https://www.pabbly.com/subscriptions/docs/tax-module/

Invoicing - https://www.pabbly.com/subscriptions/docs/features/#section19

Hence, the main point which we wanted to inform is that we don't charge anything on the transaction which our competitors does.

Apart from that we also have Affiliate Management Module which will help you in running & managing your own referral program.

In general, you might be requiring Affiliate Management tool separately. But if you go with PSB, you will be getting this tool as well just like an additional feature. For instance, please follow this doc - https://www.pabbly.com/subscriptions/docs/affiliate-management-system/#section1

Last edited by a moderator: