• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

MISSING_AUTHORIZATION_HEADER error when trying the Wordpress > Search User action

RoCrow

I'm trying to create an automation that will, eventually, send data into WordPress.

The first step is finding the correct WordPress user, so I'm using the action WordPress > Search User.

Initially I was denied log-in, but I used the WordPress REST API Authentication from Mini Orange which seemed to overcome the first problem.

Now the problem is I'm getting a MISSING_AUTHORIZATION_HEADER error when I'm trying to Search User:

Pabbly Connect and 15 more pages - Personal - Microsoft_ Edge Beta 2023-05-01 at 1.30.36 PM.png

Any idea what I need to do to overcome this hurdle?

Cheers!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @RoCrow

Please uninstall the "Mini Orange" plugin from your WordPress account before installing the "Basic Auth" plugin.

To add the Basic Auth plugin to WordPress, please follow the instructions in the following thread.

Seeker5f

Is basic auth better than "Mini Orange" plugin? Why recommended in the module and youtube if not recommended by pabbly?

Supreme

Staff member
Is basic auth better than "Mini Orange" plugin? Why recommended in the module and youtube if not recommended by pabbly?

The preference for Basic Auth or the 'Mini Orange' plugin varies based on specific needs and circumstances. Basic Auth is simpler but may lack a few things, while plugins like 'Mini Orange might offer some other security options.

However, it's worth noting that sometimes hosting providers can block certain plugins, potentially affecting their functionality.

Ultimately, the choice should align with your specific requirements and compatibility with your hosting environment. Follow the recommendations in the relevant module or tutorial, but remain open to alternatives if compatibility issues arise.