• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

multi line field with \n is showing as one line

mhassan

Hello,
I have pabbly form that is capturing a lot of fields. Some of my fields are paragraphs and other are Check Boxes. My issue is if there are multi lines in the "paragraph" they land as continuous one liners (with "\n" showing as separator) inside my google doc (using a template). The same issue with check boxes.
I tried playing with text separator but no luck. It appears that the control charactere/scape code for \n is passed as a regular character to g-doc.

Any tips are appreciated.
Example:
This is line1
This line2

In google doc it shows are:

This is line1\nThis is line2\n

Thank you

mhassan

I still cannot figure out problem, but i tracked the trouble spot. The flow for me is:

Pabbly Form -> Pabbly text formatter -> Google doc

In the text formatter I can find \r or \n and replace them with any character and it is reflected that in the Result field. It even shows the line feed as expected. However, when the Result field is passed to google template it somehow doesn't make it to the doc (it loses the escape code for \n or \r)
I know it's not gdoc issue because I can manually enter multi-lines when mapping the fields and works as expected.

I attempted to replace \r\n with several mechanism of escape code representation, but nothing seems to work so far.

Fagun Shah

@mhassan @Fagun Shah

We have deployed certain changes. Please create a fresh workflow and test at your end.

Let us know how it goes.
It is addign one extra line/enter

This what I get from elementor form -

1628590322263.png

This is I get ingoogle doc -

1628590344696.png

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you're getting /n in the webhooks itself for those data fields as show below -

1628594942846.png

Thus we have used text formatter in order to remove those /n as shown below -

1628594995290.png

mhassan

Its fixed! This is awesome. Thank you very much.

What is the possibility of addressing the other minor issue (which probably can be fixed for text formatter, but nice to have it natively supported)?

My check box selection in the doc show as:
["SPLUNK TCP (UF/HF)","SPLUNK HEC","SYSLOG","ELASTIC API [BULK IMPORT]","ELASTIC BEATS AGENT"]

Instead of what google form does, which would be:
SPLUNK TCP (UF/HF)
SPLUNK HEC
SYSLOG
ELASTIC API [BULK IMPORT]
ELASTIC BEATS AGENT

thanks again

Fagun Shah

@mhassan Add Step 2,3,4,5 from this workflow to your workflow, it will convert checkbox selection data coming from pabbly form to your desired format. And it is free bcoz, all 4 are internal tasks.

1628648946910.png