• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Omnisend Create Contact throws identifiers[1].id required error

VinceFL

Howdy!

i have checked the forum and find a good amount of 500 errors but not mine. Also the integration seems to have changed in the past year, looking at the other screenshots here.

I am trying to create an omnisend contact, triggered by a persons subbing to our newsletter by providing the email address.
So i do have the email, which means i don't need a phone number. despite that i get "'identifiers[1].id' is required and can't be empty"
1700737213637.png

Looking at their api docs, that id should have been the email and type=email

1700737198151.png

which i provide
1700737263793.png

but since it asks for identifier[1] and not [0] i assume there is some issue with not providing phone?
if i add a phone number i get
1700737391334.png

also missing the option to sub/unsub/nonsub individually for phone and email
1700737560673.png

also you have a Status Date and a Contact Creation Date, but only the first pre-fills if not provided.
So i added an extra step to get current iso 8601 date, would be nice to make this extra step obsolete.

Some help would be much appreciated.
cheers,
Vince

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @VinceFL

Kindly try passing the Phone number and the Custom Properties field once and then let us know if that works for you.

VinceFL

I don't have a phone number for this case. all i get is an email address from the web-form. as mentioned, if i add a phone number i get internal server error. and the integration should not need a phone number to begin with if email is provided.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @VinceFL

As we can see from the API documentation of Omnisend it has been required to pass email address and phone number.

1700812704973.png

VinceFL

nope that is the channel subscription. you do need one set of instructions for each type (phone / email) you set up.
but you only need either phone or email for the contact, you _can_ have both. so if i omit phone, i don't need a phone channel setup.
1700816550264.png

i have omnisend contacts from the previous setup that only have email but they are still subscribed to phone and email channel.
the error is identifiers[1]. i only have identifiers[0] unless that integration creates one for phone even if i don't need one.

Every contact added to Omnisend can have two types of identifiers - Email address and the Phone number. It will be sufficient to have an Email address or the Phone number to add a contact to Omnisend.

as you can see here, channels are part of the identifier. this example only needs _this one_ identifier set to email and then just the email channel.
PHP:
'identifiers' => [
    [
        'type' => 'email',
        'channels' => [
            'email' => [
                'status' => 'subscribed',
                'statusDate' => '{{isodate}}'
            ]
        ],
        'id' => '{{email}}'
    ]
];
also the statusDate says required in pabbly connect, but api doc says "not really":
1700820949227.png

---

now i could just directly embed omnisend's subscribe form, but then i can't add any other magic later (such as triggering slack notifications etc).

Last edited:

VinceFL

Here's the setup as is:
pabbly.png

edit: forgot to add to the pic that the Status field needs to be separated into status-email and status-phone

Supreme

Staff member
We have forwarded your concern to the technical team and they are currently looking into it.

Shall notify you with an update soon.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @VinceFL

We've implemented updates to enhance the functionality of the Create Subscriber action step. We're confident that these changes will work accordingly.

We encourage you to test it out and inform us of your experience. Your feedback is valuable to us.

VinceFL

Hi @Supreme

i checked and it seems better but still not right.

works:
- if i enter a random number as phone, the contact is created.

does not:
- if i enter NO number, same error as before. a contact requires either phone or email, not both. so this is still a bug.
- subscription dropdown should be per id type (email and/or phone). i guess that this is causing invalid data when i don't provide a phone number.
- Contact Creation Date still says required, even though it is nowhere in the api documentation, not even as optional.
- Status Date is still required, even though api docs say "empty" is fine and will default to now().
- Gender is still set to default male and cannot be completely removed. this is optional and should not behave this way.

This is what the json needs to look like for the "identifiers" part to work (copied from api page, see below); the [1] block (here phone) should be completely removable:
PHP:
{
  "identifiers": [
    {
      "type": "email",
      "id": "{{email-address}}",
      "channels": {
        "email": {
          "status": "{{email-status}}",
          "statusDate": "OPTIONAL"
        }
      }
    },
    {
      "type": "phone",
      "id": "{{phone-number}}",
      "channels": {
        "sms": {
          "status": "{{phone-status}}",
          "statusDate": "OPTIONAL"
        }
      }
    }
  ]
}
This is the setup (removed surplus stuff):
1701087198240.png

as said above, the integration probably fills the phone sub status field from the one dropdown (that should have been two). thus it's bugging out with id ('id' => '{{phone}}') missing and works if you supply one. but i cannot just supply a random number. i need phone to not exist as api docs say it can.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
We have made some adjustments in the Create Subscriber action step as per the API documentation, so can you please give it a try and let us know if that works for you?

image.png

VinceFL

That looks nice!

I don't seem to have access to this revised Create Subscriber version, for me omnisend module looks as before, so i can't test.

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @VinceFL,

We are pleased to inform you that our latest action, "Create Subscribe," is now available within Omnisend. You now have access to the corresponding action step. Please feel free to connect and don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any issues.

Best regards,
Nivesh Jain

VinceFL

Thanks @Nivesh!

I tried my use-case with minimal data:

1701430583742.png

and it worked like a charm:
1701430623610.png

It is a pretty weird way omnisend is doing things, but you got it working. Great stuff!
Greetings to the team and thanks again!

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @VinceFL

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear about your satisfaction with our services. We trust that you will continue to enjoy the seamless integration and automation capabilities that Pabbly Connect offers.

Please feel free to reach out to us should you encounter any issues in the future. We are committed to providing ongoing support to ensure your experience with our platform remains smooth and efficient.

Best regards,
Nivesh Jain