• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Open Ai Assistant Response?

Peter G

Hi:
I'm trying to get a response from one of my AI assistants via an action.
I selected the "Create message" action from the open ai connection. But I send the thread id, and input, etc I don't see any response from the assistant in the response. I only the initial message I submitted from the user "this is a test messge."

There is also no input for the assistant ID in the fields.
How do i get a response back from the assistant? What am I missing?

Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 6.26.21 PM.png

Preeti Paryani

Hello @Peter G

As I have checked your workflow named "New Chat Message", I can only find the Create message step please note that to get a message generated from an assistant you will have to add a "Create Run" action step as well. Please refer to this tutorial from 12:00 timestamp to better understand the process -

Peter G

Hi Preeti,
Thanks for the message! I figured I was missing something key like this. The video is helpful.
This seems like a pretty poor integration design for what is probably a very popular integration.

1 main problem:
I'm trying to build a back and forth messenger bot like in your telegram example, but how am I able to know which data line to retrieve for the response? Especially since it's going to change each time. That'll require even more steps and logic that aren't even clear to me right now.

Secondary problem:
This adds like 4 or 5 unnecessary actions to the workflow (and costs), on top of being super complicated. Make allows you to do all of this with just 1 module without extra logic etc and is super simple, which means I'll be using it for this part of the process, which is unfortunate because I like pabbly and want to use it for the whole process.

Luv

Staff member
Hey @Peter G

For your first problem, as you can see in the video at 28:20 minutes, you are entering or mapping the Chat ID from which the message came from. That is how you know, the message sent will be a reply to the correct message.

1728971245301.png

Further for your second problem, as you want the workflow with less steps, you can just remove any filters or delays if you don't require them.

Let us know if it works for you.