• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

OpenAI adding quotation marks at beginning of generated content

epinela

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTZmMDYzMDA0Mzc1MjZmNTUzYzUxMzEi_pc
I have open ai generating social media posts automatically and posting. It pulls the prompt from a spreadsheet, sends to OpenAI using 3.5 turbo, then posts it automatically to social media. Recently, it has been adding quotation marks at the very beginning for no reason. Any thoughts on how to not have this happen?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @epinela
I have open ai generating social media posts automatically and posting. It pulls the prompt from a spreadsheet, sends to OpenAI using 3.5 turbo, then posts it automat

If OpenAI-generated text contains unexpected quotation marks, ensure your input prompt lacks leading/trailing quotes. Implement post-processing to remove unwanted characters, including quotes, before posting on social media. Adjusting prompt structure can also influence output.

epinela

Hi All - I cant get this to stop. What post processing would I use?
I do not have any quotes in the prompts.
This only began occuring when I was forced to change the OpenAI model because the old one deprecated. Never had this issue.

Derek67

You're lucky. Mine is adding the step number and a title in front of the content. Frustrating as hell but that's the way Pabbly seems to return this data. And the formatter will get rid of it, but when I read the formatter output it puts it's own step # & title word so can't get away from it at all.

epinela

You're lucky. Mine is adding the step number and a title in front of the content. Frustrating as hell but that's the way Pabbly seems to return this data. And the formatter will get rid of it, but when I read the formatter output it puts it's own step # & title word so can't get away from it at all.
It is tough, because it was working flawlessly in the now deprecated model. This is a big piece of what I am doing with auto-posting for myself and clients. It is really hurting right now.

Derek67

It is tough, because it was working flawlessly in the now deprecated model. This is a big piece of what I am doing with auto-posting for myself and clients. It is really hurting right now.
With mine it's being put in by Pabbly. It's the list of fields to select.. in my case it's the 3rd field called Results, so it's putting "3. Results :" in front of the generated content. Not sure prior to this model..