• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Pabbly Slack Trigger Firing on its own and Pulling in Old Messages

axx

Hey everyone, I just bought Pabbly and set up a workflow to create new GoHighLevel contacts based on messages inside a Slack channel.
I selected a specific Slack channel that I wanted to monitor for new messages and only want to trigger the workflow in case a new group message is received inside that channel.

But as soon as I enable the workflow, it starts firing on its own, pulling in messages from several days/weeks ago.

It consumed my entire trial limit and consumed 700 of my paid tasks as well.

Is this a bug? Any workarounds would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I just bought Pabbly and set up a workflow to create new GoHighLevel contacts based on messages inside a Slack channel.
I selected a specific Slack channel that I wanted to monitor for new messages and only want to trigger the workflow in case a new group message is received inside that channel.

But as soon as I enable the workflow, it starts firing on its own, pulling in messages from several days/weeks ago.

It consumed my entire trial limit and consumed 700 of my paid tasks as well.

Is this a bug? Any workarounds would be appreciated.

Thanks
Please test the workflow now. It should work fine.

1628322613692.png

Further, we have reset your account task limit as well.

Plesae login to your account and check at your end.

axx

Please test the workflow now. It should work fine.

View attachment 2696

Further, we have reset your account task limit as well.

Plesae login to your account and check at your end.
I just tried using it and the same issue exists.

The slack trigger keeps pulling older messages and adding those into GHL instead of only triggering when there is a new message. I feel you might need to take a look at how the Slack trigger is programmed. It is pulling in older messages from the channel instead of only executing when a new message is received.

Consumed 1300 tasks this time.

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
We're looking into this and will update you. Further your task limit has been reset too.

axx

I see this as soon as I log in to my account

1628529639352.png

I had deactivated the integration before replying to this thread yesterday. Looks like it was reactivated (for testing?) and now that integration consumed all 10,000 tasks on my account!

Please take a look at this. And if you're going to be testing, please deactivate the integration after testing so that it does not consume all tasks.

Thanks.

axx

Not to mention, now I have a TON of unneeded contacts inside GHL that I will now have to manually delete :(

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
We have reset your task and disable the workflows that were causing the issues.

Further, we will get back to you in a while regarding the Slack issues.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axx

We have made some changes and created a new trigger event of " New Message "on Slacks' and made the old one legacy.

So. please try the new trigger event at your end and I hope this might help you.

2021-08-13_10h56_09.png

axx

I modified the trigger but all my tasks were consumed the last time when this bug was still in place. I'm unable to test whether the trigger is working

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axx

We have already reset your task in your account, please check that out and now you can try the trigger at your end.

2021-08-14_10h55_09.png