• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Parsing a large email from Ecwid to Google Sheets with Repeating data

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDowman

Hi team,

I am new to Pabbly Connect but I really like it so far and am keen to start making some great automations!

I am currently struggling with a large email parse to Google Sheets and am hoping you can help me as the videos I have watched so far did not do the trick for this situation.

Here is the scenario:
The customer is a martial arts championship organiser. Tickets are purchased via Ecwid.
Let's say in this example, there are 2 competitor ticket entries that have been purchased and the admin has been sent the confirmation email from Ecwid.

I capture the data via the email parser and use the text formatter to grab the 5 elements of information from the competitor entry I want, then connect to my Google Sheet to create a new row. I have set this part of the workflow up successfully and it works well.

BUT
As there are 2 competitor entries in the email, so I need to grab this information twice and create 2 new rows on the Google Sheet not 1 - see screenshot here https://prnt.sc/3Pr1kQZVRelZ. This could potentially be 10 competitors in 1 email!

How can this be done?

Thanks!
Richard

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @RDowman,

Adding multiple rows to the same spreadsheet is possible in Google Sheets. This can be done using the 'Add Multiple Rows' action event.
However, since the number of entries you receive through email is not constant (i.e., it could be anywhere from 1 to 10), this could disrupt your workflow.

RDowman

Hi Arshil.

Thanks for the prompt reply to my query. I would just like a little more information on this please.

1. If I have set up the email parse correctly for the single submission, could you help me to understand more about the 'Add Multiple Rows' action event? Is there a help article on this?

2. Would I need to set up anything further with the text formatter to get it to find the matches multiple times?

3. If I set the add multiple rows, could I set a maximum amount eg 10, then would it parse UP TO ten or exactly 10 every time?

Thanks

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
1. If I have set up the email parse correctly for the single submission, could you help me to understand more about the 'Add Multiple Rows' action event? Is there a help article on this?
We have a video available that can help you understand the process of adding multiple rows. (Skip to 5:05)

2. Would I need to set up anything further with the text formatter to get it to find the matches multiple times?
Please add me as a Team Member as I am currently unable to view your workflow.
Make sure to revoke access once your query has been resolved.
Email: [email protected]

3. If I set the add multiple rows, could I set a maximum amount eg 10, then would it parse UP TO ten or exactly 10 every time?
You can add multiple rows, but if the number of entries you receive via email is less than 10, empty rows will be added to your Google Sheets. This will even cause issues with the Text Formatter, as it will not receive any data and your workflow may stop working.

RDowman

Thanks Arshil,

I have watched the Google Sheets video and added you as a team member to my account.

I think this would be good if I could set up my workflow to work in a similar way but I understand the issues you mention which could potentially break the workflow.

As an alternative method, do you think it could be possible to create one workflow to collect the purchase details from Ecwid then use the data forwarder in some way with a second workflow to tell Pabbly how many entries were made within that purchase and map them accurately to the sheet?

I appreciate your help.

Kind regards
Richard

RDowman

I have also forwarded you an example purchase to your email so you can see more about what I am trying to achieve.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @RDowman,

The problem lies with the Text Formatter and not so much with mapping the data accurately. The moment the Text Formatter fails to receive the data, it breaks and starts giving out incorrect responses. Even if we use a Data Forwarder to capture these responses, they would still be of no use.

I am attaching an example to show how the workflow breaks in case the Text Formatter doesn't receive the data.

1682882161550.png

1682882052397.png

RDowman

Ok thanks. This is a real shame as I thought I had set up something awesome!!

Any other ideas would be welcome but it doesn't look like this is going to work then.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.