• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Pinterest - mapping the board name doesn't work

Hi there, I need to create a workflow between Airtable and Pinterest. My workflow will post the picture (based on the data in Airtable) on the Pinterest board. However, the issue I have, it is not possible to map the "Board Id" with an Airtable field without errors. In other words, it is not possible to decide the name of the board (where the Pinterest pin will show) based on the values in Airtable.

For example, In my Airtable I have 4 fields:
Field 1 - Picture Ulr, Field 2 - Category (which is same as Pinterest Board), Field 3 - Title and 4 - Description.
Let's say a picture should go into Board ID "Appliances". I do have a Board in Pinterest called "Appliances". In Airtable the Field 2 also shows value "Appliances" for the specific record I am talking about.

However, when I map the field Category through to Pinterest Board ID using Integratly, the Workflow doesn't work and I get an error "Invalid request: {'board_id': 'Health & Beauty" and ..."Health & Beauty' does not match" .... This error is every time when I try to get the mapped value.

The value in the mapped field in Airtable matches exactly for name of the pinterest board.

If I fill in the Board Id manually by typing in it the name of the board, there is no issue and the workflow works fine.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @itoldusoandso

To select the specific board you have to map the Board Id in the "Board" field to pass the picture. And if you are having multiple boards you can use the "Lookup Table" action step which will assign the board with a predefined name and their Board ID which will assign the Board Id as it is coming from your Airtable.

Moreover, we have recorded a short video for your better understanding.

Hi Supreme,
Thank you for the video, yes I was doing most things right but what surprised me is that Board ID 18 digit or so number.. So basically I need to have those Board ID's in my Airtable and then I can link Pinterest through Pabbly, if I understand that correctly. So If my Pinterest board "Bags" has an ID number 999999999999999999 and I have a record in my Airtable for a product called Green Bag, then I need to have additional field for this Pinterest Board ID in my Airtable record and the value in this field for the record will be 999999999999999999 which represents the the board Bags in Pinterest. Then I can map my Airtable and Pabbly will automatically post my items to the right board based on this 18 digit number.

Do I see it correctly?

I am puzzled why the number is required, I guess this could be something new or it's not possible to link Airtable field "Bags" directly to the Pinterest board "Bags". Is it because Pinterest doesn't show the name of the board being "Bags" or why is the need to go through the board number.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @itoldusoandso

Thank you for the video, yes I was doing most things right but what surprised me is that Board ID 18 digit or so number.. So basically I need to have those Board ID's in my Airtable and then I can link Pinterest through Pabbly, if I understand that correctly. So If my Pinterest board "Bags" has an ID number 999999999999999999 and I have a record in my Airtable for a product called Green Bag, then I need to have additional field for this Pinterest Board ID in my Airtable record and the value in this field for the record will be 999999999999999999 which represents the the board Bags in Pinterest. Then I can map my Airtable and Pabbly will automatically post my items to the right board based on this 18 digit number.

Do I see it correctly?

I am puzzled why the number is required, I guess this could be something new or it's not possible to link Airtable field "Bags" directly to the Pinterest board "Bags". Is it because Pinterest doesn't show the name of the board being "Bags" or why is the need to go through the board number.

Yes, you can add the board id from your AIrtable directly and can pass it on the Pinterest. Since their API only all to select one board at a time which would be static and to make the pins post on different boards you have to toggle the map button which will override the board option to make the flow dynamic.

And you can also avoid lookup tables from your workflow.