• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Populating and using a linking table?

ETC

Hey there,

We have a use case where we are linking two project management systems. We have Webvizio and Flowlu. We would like to use the two together. So far we have set it up so that a task created on webvizio will create a task on flowlu. What we would like to do is have a lookup table that is referenced to be able to know which project on webvizio is linked to which project on flowlu. The same situation will be needed when updating the task as we will need to know which task ID on webvizio is linked to which task ID on flowlu.

We have created a table on Retable and essentially we need that table to be populated with the information ID information that links to the two PMS' together so that when a task is created or updated on a particular project on webvizio, it knows which project or task to place or update the information on flowlu.

We would like the table on retable to be created dynamically and referenced dynamically to make the process seamless but currently struggling to get this to work. Do we use the Lookup Table feature to achieve this or something else entirely? Any resources or videos you can direct us to in order to figure this out? We have already looked a a few videos and cannot find anything on the forum similar to our use case, although we are sure we are not the first to try to figure this out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ETC

You can try using the Lookup Table action step to pass the data dynamically also refer to the following video lesson for the same.

Also, if you are trying to create or update any task in the Flowlu then kindly refer to using the Router action step to create an individual route to create and another one to update.

ETC

Hey Supreme,

Thanks for your message. I have watched the video on lookup tables but still struggling with how to get this to work. Not sure I get the point you make about routers.

So the workflow I would like to achieve is listed below. Let's assume there are two projects in webvizio. Project IDs are WA and WB. Let's assume there are two projects in Flowlu with the IDs F1 and F2. When a task is created is webvizio let's assume it is given an ID starting with 1 and let's assume the task ID being created in Flowlu start with 1001. In Retable there is a Table with two worksheets. The worksheets are called Projects and Tasks. The projects worksheet has PID as one column which is just a unique key for that row, a column called Webvizio Project ID which holds the Project ID for the Webvizio project and a column called Flowlu Project ID which is the project ID associated to the Webvizio project ID in Flowlu.

Visual would look like this:
1689678876384.png

and
1689678896825.png

The flow we are trying to achieve is below:

Create Project
  1. User creates a project in Webvizio. The project is given the Project ID WA.
  2. Pabbly captures this information and inserts in Retable under the worksheet Projects the ID WA in the first row under Webvizio Project ID.
  3. Pabbly then creates a project in Flowlu and Flowlu gives that project the Project ID F1.
  4. Pabbly captures the project ID that Flowlu has given to the new Project and puts that into the same row under the Projects worksheet in Retable under the column Flowlu Project ID. (Now we have a row with a Webvizio Project ID in one column and the associated Project ID for Flowlu in the other column.
Create Task
  1. User creates task in webvizio which is given an ID of 1. The task is created in Project WA.
  2. This data is captured by pabbly and the information is inserted in the Task worksheet in Retable.
  3. Pabbly then creates a task in Flowlu and Flowlu gives that task the Task ID 1001
  4. Pabbly captures the task ID that Flowlu has given to the new Task and puts that into the same row under the Tasks worksheet in Retable under the column Flowlu Task ID. (Now we have a row with a Webvizio Task ID in one column and the associated Task ID for Flowlu in the other column.
Update Project
  1. User updates a project in Webvizio.
  2. Pabbly captures the information of which project is updated and searches the Retable worksheet called Projects to find the associated project in Flowlu that is mapped to this project in Webvizio.
  3. Pabbly uses the Flowlu Project ID that is associated to do the update on the flowlu project.
Update Task
  1. User updates a task in Webvizio.
  2. Pabbly captures the information of which task is updated and searches the Retable worksheet called Tasks to find the associated task in Flowlu that is mapped to this task in Webvizio.
  3. Pabbly uses the Flowlu Task ID that is associated to do the update on the flowlu task.
As we already have some projects in both Webvizio and Flow, we need to be able to update the Retable data manually as well so that the current projects and tasks can be mapped manually.

I hope the above is clear about what we are trying to achieve. Sadly the videos supplied does not provide us with the information we need to achieve the above.

Looking forward to your response on this.

Thank you

Supreme

Staff member
Considering the complexity of your use case, I will highly advisable to enlist the services of an automation expert. This professional can adeptly design the required automation for your workflow and take care of all management aspects on your behalf.

ETC

Considering the complexity of your use case, I will highly advisable to enlist the services of an automation expert. This professional can adeptly design the required automation for your workflow and take care of all management aspects on your behalf.
Hey Supreme. This is not a complex task and we are more than capable of doing it ourselves we just need the automation software to have the capabiltiy to do it.

I am confused why this is not something you have come across before? Surely when you have two different products creating elements in each application, there needs to be a way to know which item in one tool is mapped to which item in another tool. I would have thought the simplest way of doing this is to have in essence a table/database of all the relationships between the two applications.

I truly would have thought this would be something you already have a nifty tool for out of the box!

Are you saying the usecase I have outlined is not possible with Pabbly or are you stating you do not want to spend any time on this particular query?

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please record a short video on your concern once, so that we can check the possibility of the same?

ETC

Can you please record a short video on your concern once, so that we can check the possibility of the same?
I have set out the very simple and clear process for this in a flow chart. You can see it here: https://pxl.to/w2r2f

I am struggling to work out why such an obvious and needed process is not already included by default? I can see you have helped with a similar query for Nifty PM so I am hopeful you will be able to help with this. Can Pabbly achieve this very simple automation? Thank you

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
We are dedicated to providing error resolution and bug support for all our customers. However, setting up workflows from scratch and managing intensive workflows fall beyond the scope of our assistance. Given the intricacy of your use case, it is highly recommended to seek the services of an automation expert. Such a professional can proficiently design the necessary automation for your workflow and efficiently handle all management aspects on your behalf.