• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

possible bugs?

aristosv

These are meant as constructive feedback. Maybe they are bugs, or I just don't fully understand how the platform works. Either way I like Pabbly and I paid for a subscription to continue using it.

Google calendar trigger:
When there are no events in the calendar, and a new one is added, the trigger never works the first time. When adding a second event in the calendar, then the trigger starts working from there onwards.

Google calendar connection:
When adding a new google calendar connection it takes a lot longer than 10 minutes for the trigger to start working. I added a new google calendar connection, during the period of an hour I added 4 events so far, and the workflow has not been triggered yet.

Cloning a workflow:
When cloning a workflow, you have to go through the trigger and all the actions to make sure no errors pop up, indicating that information might be missing. It’s not always clear what steps to take when cloning a task because supposedly all the information is in the workflow, but still errors might pop up when opening a trigger because some information is missing for some reason.

1.png

To make things more transparent, I would suggest implementing a timer indicator showing when is the next time the trigger will pull information from google calendar.

Also it would really help if there was an automated scanning process checking if any of the workflows have errors or missing information.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @aristosv !

Thanks for taking the time to check on Pabbly Connect and for posting us with the information in which you need some guidance.

Let me help you with your queries.

Google calendar trigger: An existing event needs to be there in the Google Calendar, so when creating on the workflow and clicking on "Save & Send Test Request", it will bring the existing data for you which can be used further for mapping in other application.

Once the workflow gets completed and to check on it whether it works or not, you need to do the second test submission.

Google calendar connection: Google Calendar is a polling-based application that takes 15 minutes of time to execute the data on the workflow.

This is a limitation of the Google Calendar which executes every data within a time frame of 15 minutes, so this might be the delay you are facing with your workflow.

Cloning a workflow: When cloning is done for an existing workflow, it clones the whole workflow with every mapping and step attached to it.

But once a cloned workflows trigger step is again "Re-Connected" or "Save & Send Test Request" is done for that trigger step, then the already mapped data in other steps will get vanished and leaves a Red Exclamation mark as already mentioned above by you.

So to be on the same line, then the new data needs to be mapped in for the rest of the step.

Also, as mentioned by you for the error notification, once there is an error with an ongoing workflow, an immediate mail is sent to the user's account which is connected with his Pabbly Connect account.

We hope, we were able to mention all your queries.

aristosv

This workflow has been enabled since 12:00

1.png

and I have entered multiple calendar events to test it

2.png

Yet it was never triggered, even when I went through every step and clicked on "Save and Send test request"

Subin

Staff member
Hey @aristosv !

The tech team check on the concern and did a test for the Google Calendar and found no issue on it.

You can refer to the video clip for the test done by the team here- https://www.screenpresso.com/=QKPme

Also, as mentioned earlier, Google Calendar is a polling-based application so, it will reflect back in the workflow within a 10 to 15min time frame.

Hope, we have mentioned your query.