• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Regular Webhook to google sheets

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjYwNTZkMDYzNjA0MzI1MjY0NTUzNjUxMzUi_pc
Hello, everyone!
I need help collecting data from a standard webhook via POST and transforming it into rows in Google Sheets.

Here’s the situation: the data is being sent from a chatbot software where a survey is conducted. Each survey response is saved in a variable within the program. In Pabbly, I’m receiving this information via HTTP request, and it’s arriving correctly, labeled as “contactdata1”, “contactdata2”, and so on. All 15 responses are being received in Pabbly without any issues.

The problem occurs when I try to take the next step, which is creating a row in Google Sheets with this information. I’m getting the following error:
Error Code: 400
Error Message: Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name "": Root element must be a message.
Error Status: INVALID_ARGUMENT
Error Details 0 @type: type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.BadRequest
Error Details 0 FieldViolations 0 Description: Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name "": Root element must be a message.

It seems that the issue is with how I’m trying to pass the data to the sheet. I’ve connected the sheet correctly using the integrated Google Sheets app in Pabbly, but I’m not sure how to resolve this error. Could someone please help me?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2024-09-02 às 16.53.24.png
    Captura de Tela 2024-09-02 às 16.53.24.png
    865.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Captura de Tela 2024-09-02 às 16.53.43.png
    Captura de Tela 2024-09-02 às 16.53.43.png
    922.3 KB · Views: 13

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @paguecombitcoin

It seems you haven't added headers to your Google Sheets. Please try adding headers in your Google Sheets and click on the refresh fields button of your Action step, then you would be able to map data to your google sheet headers as per your requirement.

gs.png

To learn more about how to set up the connection with Google sheets, please refer to this tutorial from 6:54 -