• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

removing html code from the html body of an email.

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTZkMDYzNDA0M2M1MjZlNTUzMjUxM2E1MTYyNTQzMDBmMzki_pc
I have set up a workflow where I have email parser setup as the trigger. After the response is captured I have text formatter setup to remove a piece of code from the HTML body of the email. After it is supposed to remove that section of code it will delay 2 minutes before sending it to pdf.co to convert it to a pdf. When I am in the workflow and click save and send a test request it will remove the code, but when I test it by firing off the trigger it will not remove the section of code. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @thedrainpros,

'Text Formatter: Replace Text' action step checks for specific text in the content you provide. If the content contains that text, it removes the specified text, replace it with something else and returns the replaced content. Based on your Task History, we can see that during automation you are not receiving the text specified in your workflow setup, which is why it is not being replaced with a blank.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
It does remove the text from the HTML content. As mentioned earlier, the HTML content you were passing to the Text Formatter did not contain the text that was supposed to be removed, which is why nothing was removed. Please check the video we have shared above.

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @thedrainpros

As we have checked the shared task history ID it seems some changes were made in the Replace text step (step2).

1. In the task history where the text gets replaced, the text to be replaced is in plain text.

succe.png

2. While in the failed the context from is in plain text and the text to be replaced is in HTML format which results in the text not being removed.

galat.png

3. Please make sure the field is mapped with the correct data also enter the text to be replaced accordingly to prevent failure.

diff.png

Attachments

• diff.png
    diff.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • succe.png
    succe.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 3