• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Repeat google calendar event to Gsheets?

Hello,

I have weekly and monthly repeating events for things like coachings for my employees. I would like those to show the date/time of each event in a specific cell and when that event is over for the cell to update with the next date/time the event is happening. I've tried a number of different configurations however I can't seem to make it work. Any thoughts how I can accomplish this?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @themkaufman

I would like those to show the date/time of each event in a specific cell and when that event is over for the cell to update with the next date/time the event is happening.
To show the Date/Time of Each Event to your attendees you can simply pass the Start DateTime and End DateTime to the Google Sheets action step.
2022-05-16_13h35_36.png

If your next events are getting started after the specific time then you can use "Date/Time Formatter by Pabbly: Add/Subtract Time" to add the time in the End Date Time.

2022-05-16_13h41_49.png

Hey Supreme,

Thanks so much for your response! I'm running into 2 problems with the above though.

#1 - When I select which calendar I'm going to use it seems that it only populates the data for the next upcoming event or at least it doesn't show that it has the foresight for repeating events after it and is leading me to believe it's not going to update with the new date once the current event has ended.
#2 - I can't seem to figure out how to pick a different event on the same calendar. i.e. I have all my Touchpoints & Coachings on one calendar and when I pick my calendar as I noted above, the next meeting that I have will come up in the data but as I am building this out what about the meeting after that (not related to the previous event but is also repeating). How do I select that event so I can build out a workflow for it as well?

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @themkaufman

#1 - When I select which calendar I'm going to use it seems that it only populates the data for the next upcoming event or at least it doesn't show that it has the foresight for repeating events after it and is leading me to believe it's not going to update with the new date once the current event has ended.
It will not update the Next Upcoming event. And you can try the " Google Calendar: New Event (Beta)" trigger event instead of " Google Calendar: New Event".

I can't seem to figure out how to pick a different event on the same calendar. i.e. I have all my Touchpoints & Coachings on one calendar and when I pick my calendar as I noted above, the next meeting that I have will come up in the data but as I am building this out what about the meeting after that (not related to the previous event but is also repeating). How do I select that event so I can build out a workflow for it as well?
If you want to use your automation for certain events present in your calendar then you can use the Router action step and make routes for certain Events which will check the condition and then follow the particular route accordingly.

You can refer to the following video tutorial for a better understanding of the Router action step.