• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Hi.
I set up a workflow with webhook triggers.
Then a chose a router and linked in the first step a google sheet to pass webhook data with setting if mail name is equal to mail name then it creates a new row. Text and everything works.
In the second step of the router the goal is to update the row by checking as a trigger the phone number.
Then I set the condition like this: if number xy is equal to number xy then
2. Google Sheets : Lookup Spreadsheet Rows. here I entered the column where the phone number is entered and in the lookup value I put the phone number. Test ok
Action : Do this ...
3. Google Sheets : Update Row here I entered the new data only in the necessary fields. The test works perfectly
The problem is when I try to do the actual test.
So I fill form for the first time and the row in google sheet is created and so far so good.
Then I repeat the test by always entering the same phone number because it is the unique data that never changes, but I change all the other data to see if the row is updated. What happens is that I have the row updated, but at the same time a new row is also created with the same data as the updated one.
I think I am doing something wrong
Can you please help me ?
I have also followed your tutorials, but unfortunately I don't understand where I am wrong
I am attaching the settings
Thanks so much

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.50.54.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.50.54.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.12.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.12.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.36.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.36.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.46.png
    351.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.58.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 alle 21.51.58.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 46

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Vee

Please share the complete use case with us so, that we can look into it and guide you accordingly.

Vee

My goal is to fill a row on a google sheet with first name, last name, email, phone and the cost of a counseling service through a webhook in pabbly.
This process is no problem for me because I go into pabbly set webhook, copy url I paste it into the tool that captures my data and the row fills once I do optin.
The problem I have is this: if by chance the same person who just did optin wants to redo another quote, but changing service type, I would like to be able to update the previously created row with the new data received. The unique data is the phone number.

I've tried the router, but I can't.
I've seen all the tutorials, but I've tried searching how to create and update a google sheet row, but I can't find anything.
Can you help me how to do it?

Supreme

Staff member
I've tried the router, but I can't.
I've seen all the tutorials, but I've tried searching how to create and update a google sheet row, but I can't find anything.
Can you help me how to do it?
Kindly let us know the application name from which you are getting the trigger response along with the name of the workflow in which you have tried the same.

Further, are you getting the response of the option in the trigger response which can be used in the router filter action step?

Awaiting your response!!

Vee

The tool is: WP Cost Estimation & Payment Forms Builder.
The data I need to trigger is the phone number I receive.
The webhook however works perfectly.
The workflow is [Preventivo] Scuola di sci
Thanks so much

Supreme

Staff member
The tool is: WP Cost Estimation & Payment Forms Builder.
The data I need to trigger is the phone number I receive.
The webhook however works perfectly.
The workflow is [Preventivo] Scuola di sci
Thanks so much
You should use the Lookup Spread Sheet action step outside the Router action step. And then on the basis of its response, you can add or update the row in your Google Sheet.

Though we make some changes in your workflow I hope this might help you out.

Vee

Hi!
thanks to replay. I've just tried the workflow the first step create a new raw works well. The second one update the raw doesn't work again.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Vee

thanks to replay. I've just tried the workflow the first step create a new raw works well. The second one update the raw doesn't work again.
In the Update Row router, you need to map the Row index from the "Lookup SpreadSheet" action step which is located outside the router.

1668234430285.png

Status
Not open for further replies.