• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Send entries from Heyflow to PabblyConnect using Webhook

Hello,

If I want to send a real entry to PabblyConnect, it does not arrive.
The hook is waiting for data in a loop and nothing arrives.

I can only send a basic test entry from Heyflow to PabblyConnect.
Heyflow said, their trigger work and it is a problem of Pabbly to receive it.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @GoogleDublin

Kindly check the same from the Heyflow application, since it is a webhook-based trigger event that only captures the webhook response once sent by the application.

You can check it through a webbooks testing site called webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside Heyflow and do the test event inside Heyflow to see if the webhook is being come inside Webhook.site. This will double-confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

MirkoNit

Hi there,
@Supreme, I'm a PM working at Heyflow and can confirm that Pabbly Connect does not take the actual webhook responses inside their systems. One of our customers complained and I tried to recreate the setup. You are currently only taking the test payload we send that is inherently different from what is contained in the fields parameter.
Any actual responses sent to your webhookURL seem to vanish. Please reach out so we can support you fixing the issue.
From our side everything is fine, and that is easily confirmable with using webhook.site.
Thanks for your time and happy to help!

Best,
Mirko

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @MirkoNit

Could you please share the details of how you attempted to send the data to Pabbly Connect's webhook at least once? This will help us investigate the issue more effectively.

Additionally, it's worth noting that Pabbly Connect's webhook operates on a descriptive-based trigger event. It captures responses only when initiated by Heyflow. Sharing your approach will assist us in providing tailored assistance.

MirkoNit

Hi @Supreme,
I tried setting up a new Heyflow Trigger through Pabbly Connects interface. I added the webhook url as the webhook url in Heyflow, activated the hook and made sure in our logs that it sends to your endpoint. However, nothing shows up in the Pabbly interface as received.
However, using our (Heyflows) test functionality inside the app to send a mock payload (which is not reflecting the actual (or complete) data structure of the response send when a form is submitted), it arrives in Pabbly.
This leads me to believe that you set up your system to expect this test response, and not allowing anything else to come through. Try yourself.
I can confirm that we definitely send the data to you, it works fine with other things (like webhook.site) and this is definitely on you :)
Best,
Mirko

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please record a short video on the same and if you can try capturing the webhook response in the webhook.site then will help us to look further into the issue.

MirkoNit

Hey there, sure!

Expected Payload that arrives i.e. at webhook.site

```
JSON:
{

"flowID": "krasser-flow",

"id": "LIXHi9ZOVFEvyh3V7n5g",

"createdAt": "2024-01-16T09:31:29.779Z",

"fields": {

"Label": "<button onclick=\"window.location.replace('https://juice-shop.herokuapp.com');\" class=\"generic-button continue medium align-left\" style=\"background-color: red; padding: 1rem; text-align: center;\">Jetzt bewerben</button>",

"Please choose an option": "Option 1 label",

"PictureChoice": "3",

"NormalSelect": "Option 1 label",

"SelectInput": "Option 2",

"Rate your experience:": "1",

"Wert:": "42",

"Vorname": "sadfsdaf",

"Nachname": "asdfasdf",

"E-Mail Adresse": "[email protected]",

"country-select-phone-caaeaa1e": "DE",

"phone-input-phone-caaeaa1e": "+49 174 2484168",

"Nutzerzustimmung": "✔",

"Meine Skala": "Label 3",

"Bewerte deine Erfahrung:": "3",

"country-select-phone-0eb2f33c": "DE",

"phone-input-phone-0eb2f33c": "+49",

"country-select-id-bc3dcb44": "DE",

"phone-input-id-bc3dcb44": "+49"

}

}
Video recording you can find here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dS1GWjk-Qa3bPIbIYBE08TM98QrQpkoV/view?usp=drive_link
Let me know if you need additional insight

Supreme

Staff member
We've shared your issue with our tech team, and they're actively addressing it. Expect an update from us shortly.

Harsh Bajpai

Staff member
Hello @MirkoNit

Thank you for the efforts you are putting on. We have noticed that you are sending "x-hook-secret" in the header of the webhook.site.
We have attached a screenshot for your reference. Is there any specific reason for sending "x-hook-secret"? Can you guide us on this.
1705406556424.png

MirkoNit

Hi @Harsh Bajpai, in some scenarios our hooks will have a x-hook-secret. It likely shouldn't be there when it's undefined though. This shouldn't affect your implementation though no? I look into only adding the head conditionally and not just empty

Harsh Bajpai

Staff member
Hello @MirkoNit

Even though we are sending it without the "x-hook-secret key," it still appears in the header. Could you please remove it by sending in the headers if it's feasible for you? In this way, Pabbly Connect can capture the live response. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Harsh Bajpai

Staff member
Hello @MirkoNit
If we receive the 'x-hook-secret' header in any response, we consider it as confirmation that this response is for webhook validation. We return the same 'x-hook-secret' header along with the 'HTTP/1.1 200 OK' header.

This ensures that the webhook URL is validated and ready to receive webhook responses, assuring the third party that they are sending the response to the correct URL.
But the x-hook-secret is coming blank without any value from HeyFlow. Do you send x-hook-secret just for webhook validation?