• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Slack Bot Icon Url

Alex456

Hello,

I want to connect the answers to a form to a slack channel.

No problems on this side. I'm not sure how to do this, but I don't understand how to give an icon to my bot.

I can't just put the code of the icon :icon_name: ?

And I don't see how to add the url of the icon because slack doesn't give any it seems.

Any ideas?

1662134359176.png

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @Alex456

If you want to keep this field empty then you can ignore this field and leave it empty because you have to enter the URL coming from the Google Sheets. If you have a URL for this field you can enter it here.

You can watch the video tutorials for this integration:-

Thanks
Kunal

Alex456

So we can't use botname & boticon on slack ? Using :bot_name: ? bc upload an image each time for each bot is not really friendly ^^

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @Alex456

Using the bot name & bot icon field is up to you only. If you have the values for this field then you can give them else you can ignore these fields. As these fields are not mandatory fields.

Alex456

Okay,

But this is doenst work. I have an boticon on slack is :hey-alex: but only pabbly icon is use when I push a slack message.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @Alex456

Could you please share the screenshot where you are seeing the Pabbly icon on slack for checking it?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Alex456

If you authorize with the bot token then you have to pass the Image URL in the bot icon field or if you use the user token then it will take the default profile icon.

Although if you authorize with bot token and you didn't pass the bot icon then it will take the Pabbly's logo URL as default.

1662706150167.png

Alex456

Yeah but is just weird that I can"t just use a bot icon on slack with :bot_name: like on zapier.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Alex456

Yeah but is just weird that I can"t just use a bot icon on slack with :bot_name: like on zapier.

You can pass the bot icon with the image URL in the Bot Icon field. Further, if you authorize with bot token and you didn't pass the bot icon then it will take the Pabbly's logo URL as default.