• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Some Google sheets action events don't recognize the sheets ID

Ori D

Hello,

I've created a complex workflow: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTY5MDYzZjA0MzI1MjY4NTUzYzUxMzQi_pc. Whenever a paying customer schedules a meeting. I could trace and track it on my Google sheets.

Everything worked properly but when I created some Google sheets action events, it didn't succeed to fetch the data inside the sheets. What was even stranger was that it succeeded to fetch the data when I tried to use the lookup feature. But when I tried to use the get row or update cell it didn't succeed. So it seems that there is some sort of bug here.

I'm adding a video recording to show you what I mean: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JPH-tDH6VtQIbE5QZxwLNAfluj_kWThJ/view?usp=sharing

Could you kindly fix this issue? Meaning that each Google sheet action event would be able to fetch the sheet ID. Also, could you consider adding the possibility to leave the sheets name blank. Then, as a default, it would change or add the data to the first sheet.

Thank you

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Ori D
If you're having trouble finding a specific sheet in your Google Sheets, you can make use of the "Google Drive: Global Search" action step which might provide the available sheet name to pass in the Google Sheets Update Row action step.

1706514260662.png

Ori D

Thank you!

I know how to find the Google sheets ID (or as you call it a spreadsheet). I have a problem with using the sheet ID inside the spreadsheet. For some reason I can't use the sheet ID or even use its name when I try the mapping option.

I'm adding screenshots to show you what I mean.

Again, hopefully you can, at least, add an option that the update row or cell will pick the first sheet (inside the spreadsheet). That is if we don't write any value inside the sheet.

Attachments

• I know how to find the google sheet file ID.png
    I know how to find the google sheet file ID.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Mapping the name doesn't find anything.png
    Mapping the name doesn't find anything.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 16
  • mapping the sheet id doesn't find anything.png
    mapping the sheet id doesn't find anything.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 17

Supreme

Staff member
I know how to find the Google sheets ID (or as you call it a spreadsheet). I have a problem with using the sheet ID inside the spreadsheet. For some reason I can't use the sheet ID or even use its name when I try the mapping option.
When you're updating a row using the Google Sheets API, it relies on the Sheets name. If you provide the Spreadsheet ID in the action step, it automatically fetches sheet 1.

Alternatively, you have another effective option. Use the List Sheet action step to dynamically retrieve the first sheet from Google Sheets. Then, you can easily map the Property title field to the Sheet ID field, making the process smoother and more efficient.

1706610329951.png