• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Still can't unenroll students from Teachable course after 3 years!!

Wallimann

This video explains my ongoing issue.
People have tried to help, got into my account but it is just not working.
I really need resolution. I have spent hours and hours on this and I need someone to get this fixed for me please

This video explains:

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Wallimann

I've reviewed your workflow, and to select the trigger event for unenrolling students from the course, you need to map the enrollment ID.

We've mapped the ID, so now let's check if this is functioning as intended.

1702366229790.png

Wallimann

Thank you, what you suggest makes sense but there are still many issues that apear inthe wrkflow.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
This video explains:

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
After watching the video, I understand that you discussed a concern related to the consumed tasks.

Allow me to clarify that when a workflow or automation fails, you have the option to either re-execute the entire workflow or only the failed or skipped steps.

If you choose to re-execute the entire workflow, all tasks, including the ones previously consumed, will be counted again. For example, if you have a 5-step workflow and the first trigger step is free, then only 4 tasks will be consumed initially. If one of these 4 tasks fails and you re-execute the entire workflow, all 4 tasks will be counted again.

On the other hand, if you opt to re-execute only the failed or skipped steps, it will not consume additional tasks. It will only continue the tasks for the successfully executed steps and will not count the failed ones.

Further, you can also refer to the below video tutorial for a better understanding:

Wallimann

Thanks, that makes sense however I did not manually re-execute those tasks.
Is there a way to set Pabbly to automatic re-execute only the failed tasks instead of the whole workflow?
In addition to this I have spent hundreds of tasks and I am going to run out this month. Is there anything you can do because I don't feel that it's fair that Pabbly automatically re-executed everything without me asking him to. I am OK with Pabbly re-executing failed tasks manually but not those that didn't work.
Do you have any ideas as to why some tasks fail so often? I have tried these in Zappier and nothing ever fails with them which makes me think that the issue comes from Pably.

Also my tasks are re-executed even when everything went through OK..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
Is there a way to set Pabbly to automatic re-execute only the failed tasks instead of the whole workflow?
Yes, you have already enabled the auto re-execution of the failed task in the workflow. Further, you can check the below thread to learn more about the auto re-execution:

Also my tasks are re-executed even when everything went through OK..
Additionally, after reviewing your video and addressing your concern about the task executing 2 or 3 times, it appears that you might have clicked on the "Save and Send Test Request" button 2 or 3 times in succession. This continuous action could be the reason for the duplication of the same data.

To resolve this issue, I kindly ask you to clone the workflow, click on "Save and Send Test Request" only once, capture the response, remap the fields, and then proceed with the task.

1702551354875.png

Wallimann

Ah ok!
That explains it!
One last thing please..
When the "auto execution" is enabled, does Pabbly ONLY re-execute failed tasks or the ENTIRE workflow when a task has failed?

Arshita

Staff member
I would like to clarify that when the "auto execution" is enabled, it allows you to automatically re-execute failed and skipped steps in your workflow.

With this feature, you can ensure the smooth flow of your workflows and reduce manual intervention in case of errors.

Wallimann

Thank you, but there is a real problem here.
I truly believe Pabbly is not acting correctly here.
My tasks are being consumed at a very high rate.

This video explains:

Arshita

Staff member
As I mentioned earlier, the issue with task consumption is you have that you might have clicked on the "Save and Send Test Request" button 2 or 3 times in succession. This continuous action could be the reason for the duplication of the same data.

To resolve this issue, I kindly ask you to clone the workflow, click on "Save and Send Test Request" only once, capture the response, remap the fields, and then proceed with the task.

Once you've cloned the workflow, please confirm if you still face the task consumption issue.

Ensure that you've clicked on "Save and Send Test Request" only once.

Wallimann

As I mentioned earlier, the issue with task consumption is you have that you might have clicked on the "Save and Send Test Request" button 2 or 3 times in succession. This continuous action could be the reason for the duplication of the same data.

Once you've cloned the workflow, please confirm if you still face the task consumption issue.

Ensure that you've clicked on "Save and Send Test Request" only once.
Thanks, but I am still confused.
Could you show me exactly what I need to do after cloning?
Am I doing it correctly in th evideo below?

Arshita

Staff member
I've checked your video, and you are doing the process correctly.

You have successfully captured the response in the trigger application. Now, all you need to do is map the response to the other action step, such as Teachable, and then proceed with the "Save and Send Test Request."

Just ensure that you don't click on the "Save and Send Test Request" button of the trigger application, i.e., ConvertKit.