• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Stripe cURL integration not working as intendent

SnackGuy

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTZlMDYzZTA0MzE1MjZlNTUzMDUxMzIi_pc
I am having issues getting parameters to pass thru from Pabbly to Stripe. When I attempt the query below locally in terminal, it runs just fine. However, when I try to translate it into pabbly it just gives me a "missing required parameter: query". I am sure I am missing something, but cant figure out how to get it to work as intended.

Here's the test cURL queries I am trying:
Query 1:
curl -G https://api.stripe.com/v1/customers/search \
-u "sk_test_1234_test_secret key":" \
--data-urlencode query="email:'[email protected]'"

Query 2:
curl https://api.stripe.com/v1/subscriptions \
-u "sk_test_1234_test_secret key:" \
-d customer=cus_1234 \
-d "items[0][price]"=price_5678 \
-d "items[0][quantity]"=5

I got the integration to work using the sk_test key as a bearer token. However, when I put the "--data-urlencode query..." portion into the header or parameters it still fails. No matter how I break it up, it wont come through

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @SnackGuy

Regarding your concern about searching for a customer via an action step, you can simply use the 'Retrieve a Customer by Email' action step, which will provide you with the related details of the customers.

1724827681766.png

And if you wanted to create the subscription then you can try using the 'Create Subscription' action step for your requirement.

1724827796020.png

SnackGuy

Hello! Thanks for your input. This really helps for the first part of several items that we're trying to accomplish. The customer function is just one of several actions that we are trying to use within Stripe. The create subscription action does not have all the fields that we want to send over. We thought it better to use a custom integration so we can send over all of the fields we need to send to get the subscription created. We also want to complete the identity and financial connections actions too. These are not built in to pabbly so we wanted to custom program them in.

Can you help?

P

Pabblymember11

The create subscription action does not have all the fields that we want to send over. We thought it better to use a custom integration so we can send over all of the fields we need to send to get the subscription created.
Please inform us of the specific fields you are seeking that are not present in the action step. You may consult the Stripe API documentation to review the fields available for inclusion in the Subscription action step.

SnackGuy

Hi @MukeshR ,

How can I do with is cURL through Pabbly though? Do you have a cURL API tutorial I can work with or get more insight into how to set up these types of queries? I want to do stuff like this with more than just stripe via cURL.

It should be possible. I cant wait weeks/months for a full functional integration to get built out.

-Bryan

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @SnackGuy ,
We have forwarded your request to add fields for quantities, pricing per quantity, and payment method in the action step to our integration team. They will add these fields soon, and we will update you once this is done.

In the meantime, if you need to add these fields via cURL URL, you can use the custom API request in action event under the action option. Please refer to the screenshot below for more details:

1725606797669.png

For more details on how to use custom API requests in action event, please refer to the tutorial video below:
https://youtu.be/bmf4och_kTk?feature=shared

SnackGuy

Hi! Thanks for the update. I've tried doing it through the custom API requests, but I keep getting an error. I explained all this in the initial post of this. Can you investigate what is causing it to return the error?

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @SnackGuy ,

We have provided you with access to test the "Create Subscription New" action event on the account [email protected]. Please test this by adding it to the workflow. Once testing is complete, Please let us know so that we can make it live and remove the access.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let us know. We are here to assist you.