• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $149 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Stripe is not sharing enough information to create an invoice in Freshbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkis

I think I am setting up the integration from the stripe side OK, notifications are being received when a stripe invoice is created, but when I go to the Freshbooks side of things, Stripe has not handed over the info sufficient to create a Freshbooks invoice. Name, email, even the amount, these fields are not there. Can I get this info from Stripe so that I can set up these events in Freshbooks?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

Can I get this info from Stripe so that I can set up these events in Freshbooks?
Yes, you can fetch the related data from your Stripe with the help of the "Stripe: Retrieve a Customer by Email" action event, whereas you need to pass/map the email address from your trigger response to this action.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

2021-11-29_10h35_43.png

Durkis

Thanks. It works now, but instead of putting 50 cents in the cost field in the created invoice it's putting $50, I did not use mapping to enter the info,, I used the data object.

Durkis

Another point, the name is not recorded as separate first and last name. Is there a way to separate the first and last names into different fields to create a more accurate invoice ?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

instead of putting 50 cents in the cost field in the created invoice it's putting $50, I did not use mapping to enter the info,, I used the data object.
For this, you can use the Number formatter to convert it decimal, please check out the following screenshot -

2021-11-29_13h45_02.png

the name is not recorded as separate first and last name. Is there a way to separate the first and last names into different fields to create a more accurate invoice ?

For this, you can use the Text Formatter to split the text and can map the response further accordingly -

2021-11-29_13h43_41.png

Durkis

Well you people have thought of everything, haven't you;) Thanks so much for your help, I'm getting the hang of this and it's very impressive.

Durkis

Hey. sorry to bring this t you again. Upon deleting the retrieve customer by email step and trying to reinstate it, there is no email or purchase amount info being reported from the test transaction on stripe. can you help? The Data object amount captured field is not being provided and I cant even find an email

Attachments

• Screenshot (102).png
    Screenshot (102).png
    117.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot (103).png
    Screenshot (103).png
    110.4 KB · Views: 59

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

We looked into your workflow and it seems like you have changed the previously used trigger event, so because of that, the mapping gets distorted.

2021-12-11_16h14_14.png

To retrieve the Charge details from the triggering data of Stripe, the "New Charge " trigger event, doesn't provide the charge ID to retrieve the further details of the user.

If you want to retrieve the charge details you can use the "New Invoice" trigger event.

Status
Not open for further replies.