• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Sync BigCommerce to Zoho CRM

and840

Hello -

I'm trying to connect our BigCommerce site with our Zoho CRM. (We are primarily a B2B operation.)

Ideally, when a new order is placed it would do the following:

- Create or update account
- Create or update contact (linked to account)
- Create or update products
- Create sales order (Linked to account/contact)

Is what I am asking feasible (or advisable) with Pabbly Connect? And can it be done in one workflow? I think I've been able to get the accounts and contact flowing through properly, but I'm getting stuck on the products and orders. Most of our orders are multi-line, so they have many different products on them. I see there are various videos showing getting multi product BigCommerce orders in to Google Sheets, or getting multi-product Shopify orders in to Zoho CRM, but none that directly address BigCommerce orders flowing in to Zoho CRM.

A few other things I would like to do during the process and I am wondering if/how these are possible.

- BigCommerce sends shipping/billing state names as the full name (For example, Florida). But our other systems use the state abbreviation (FL). is it possible to format this before it is imported in to Zoho CRM?
- Is it possible to convert all data to proper case?
- Some customers type their phone as 4025551212, some (402)555-1212, and others as 402-555-1212. Is it possible to convert phone numbers to a standardized format?
- How do we make sure that we do not import duplicates in to Zoho CRM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @and840,

I'm trying to connect our BigCommerce site with our Zoho CRM. (We are primarily a B2B operation.)

Ideally, when a new order is placed it would do the following:

- Create or update account
- Create or update contact (linked to account)
You can use the 'Insert/Update Record' action step to create/update contacts or accounts.
1706644064801.png

- Create or update products
- Create sales order (Linked to account/contact)
Creating a new Product or Sales Order is possible, but updating an existing product or sales order is currently not possible for your specific use case.

Is what I am asking feasible (or advisable) with Pabbly Connect? And can it be done in one workflow? I think I've been able to get the accounts and contact flowing through properly, but I'm getting stuck on the products and orders. Most of our orders are multi-line, so they have many different products on them. I see there are various videos showing getting multi product BigCommerce orders in to Google Sheets, or getting multi-product Shopify orders in to Zoho CRM, but none that directly address BigCommerce orders flowing in to Zoho CRM.
You can add an Iterator to your workflow to process multiple products and add/update them in Zoho CRM.
1706644537593.png

A few other things I would like to do during the process and I am wondering if/how these are possible.

- BigCommerce sends shipping/billing state names as the full name (For example, Florida). But our other systems use the state abbreviation (FL). is it possible to format this before it is imported in to Zoho CRM?
This particular use case is currently not possible.

- Is it possible to convert all data to proper case?
You can add a Text Formatter to your workflow to achieve this use case.
1706644872276.png

- Some customers type their phone as 4025551212, some (402)555-1212, and others as 402-555-1212. Is it possible to convert phone numbers to a standardized format?
You can use Text Formatter 'Extract Number' feature for this use case.
1706645050937.png

- How do we make sure that we do not import duplicates in to Zoho CRM?
Duplicate entries will not be created for Contacts and Account. But for Products and Sales Order duplicates can be there.

and840

Hello @ArshilAhmad,

I really appreciate all the info you provided. It was a great help for getting the workflow built. I have most of the flow working, but have a few additional questions about moving products and sales orders in to Zoho CRM.

I'm getting stuck on the create sales order step. I think the field "Product" on the create Zoho CRM Sales Order is what is tripping me up. Can you tell me if this field asking for a Product ID from our website or Zoho CRM?

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 10.48.58 AM.png

I think it is asking for the Zoho CRM Product ID (for us 19 digit number that Zoho CRM assigns), and if so I am confused how I need to get that number from Zoho CRM before I pass the Sales Order info from Pabbly to Zoho CRM.

My in progress workflow is:

Thanks again for all your help.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You would need to add the 'Create Product' action step to your workflow and map the product ID you receive in this step to the 'Create Sales Order' action step.
1706809266933.png

and840

You would need to add the 'Create Product' action step to your workflow and map the product ID you receive in this step to the 'Create Sales Order' action step.View attachment 37525
But won't that add a duplicate product every time a specific item is on a different order?

Is it possible to fetch/get a product from Zoho CRM based on some other parameter passed from the BigCommerce order? (Such as SKU) And if something like that is possible, and I use the output from Iterator, will it run through all the items on the order? Or for that matter, if I use the "Create Product" action step, will it create all of the products that are output by iterator?

and840

You would need to add the 'Create Product' action step to your workflow and map the product ID you receive in this step to the 'Create Sales Order' action step.View attachment 37525
@ArshilAhmad

A couple of additional questions/issues:

- When I run a test order with more than one line item through the pabbly workflow, it is creating multiple sales orders in zoho crm. Each with the same order number as the subject. What is causing this to happen?

- We have line item discounts and coupons that give a discount for the entire order on our online store, and we would like those reflected in the sales order at zoho crm. Is there some way this info can be synced from BigCommerce?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
But won't that add a duplicate product every time a specific item is on a different order?
Yes, this may create duplicate products. That's the reason why I specifically mentioned it in my initial thread.

Is it possible to fetch/get a product from Zoho CRM based on some other parameter passed from the BigCommerce order? (Such as SKU) And if something like that is possible, and I use the output from Iterator, will it run through all the items on the order?
Currently, we don't have an action event that can fetch a particular product through any parameter other than the Product ID. If you are aware of a specific endpoint that can fetch the product using any other parameter, you can use 'Custom API Request' to execute that endpoint and fetch product details.
1706819979743.png

Or for that matter, if I use the "Create Product" action step, will it create all of the products that are output by iterator?
Yes, it would create all the products that the Iterator outputs.

- When I run a test order with more than one line item through the pabbly workflow, it is creating multiple sales orders in zoho crm. Each with the same order number as the subject. What is causing this to happen?
You have added an Iterator to your workflow before the 'Create Sales Order' action step. An Iterator processes all the steps that are below it multiple times. Since you have mapped the order number from the Trigger step, the Iterator processes this sales order multiple times with the same Order number that it fetches from the trigger step.

- We have line item discounts and coupons that give a discount for the entire order on our online store, and we would like those reflected in the sales order at zoho crm. Is there some way this info can be synced from BigCommerce?
Unfortunately, this use case is currently not possible.

and840

You have added an Iterator to your workflow before the 'Create Sales Order' action step. An Iterator processes all the steps that are below it multiple times. Since you have mapped the order number from the Trigger step, the Iterator processes this sales order multiple times with the same Order number that it fetches from the trigger step.

What is the fix for this? Where should the iterator be placed in the workflow so it does not create multiple individual sales orders for multi-line orders? It needs to be one sales order with all of the different items.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
What is the fix for this? Where should the iterator be placed in the workflow so it does not create multiple individual sales orders for multi-line orders? It needs to be one sales order with all of the different items.
'Create Sales Order' action step does not support line items, so it's not possible to create a sales order with multiple items.

and840

'Create Sales Order' action step does not support line items, so it's not possible to create a sales order with multiple items.
Then how is it possible to sync sales orders to zoho crm when they have multiple lines? Or is it not at all possible with pabbly connect?