• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Telegram Action to get User ID from User Name?

RoCrow

Can we please have an action with Telegram to get a User ID by the User name?

For example, I can use the Telegram bot UserIdGetBot (https://t.me/useridgetbot) to get a User ID by typing in a Username. But I need a way to automate that into my workflow.

Can this be done?

Also, as a secondary part; what I really want to do is send a Telegram message to a specific Username (i.e. they've just got a ticket to an event and left their Telegram Username, so I want to send them an order details message via Telegram). Can this be done?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @RoCrow

We have forwarded your concern to our technical team and they will look into it.

Once they make any updation with that we will let you know.

Supreme

Staff member
We looked at Telergam's API, but they haven't mentioned anything about getting user information from their username or UserID.

Supreme

Staff member
The API for retrieving user details based on the username is currently unavailable. However, with the UserID, it might be possible to obtain the necessary information using Telegram's API.

RoCrow

The API for retrieving user details based on the username is currently unavailable. However, with the UserID, it might be possible to obtain the necessary information using Telegram's API.
Thanks. But it's the step to get the User ID that I need to automate, not what to do after I've got the User ID. Nevermind! Thanks for looking into it!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @RoCrow

Since getting the username and its details isn't included in Telegram's API documentation, we are unable to include it in the integration as it is currently.