• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Testing existance of a sheet and adding sheets in Google Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pburki

Hello,
I have two questions regarding the Google Sheet integration. This is what I am trying to achieve

I would like to be able to test if a sheet with a specific name already exists. If yes, I would like to add data into that specific sheet and if not, I would like to create the sheet and then add data.

1. How can I test if a sheet exist ? I retrieved the list of sheets in a spreadsheet, but when using Pabbly Router, I need to specify what to compare ("Sheet 0", "Sheet 1", etc...). I would like to be able to check if "X853" exists in Sheet 0 - n.

2. When I add a sheet, I am not sure how to add fields (the first row), so that I can add rows afterwards with the received data.

Thanks and best regards,

Philippe

Supreme

Staff member
1. How can I test if a sheet exist ? I retrieved the list of sheets in a spreadsheet, but when using Pabbly Router, I need to specify what to compare ("Sheet 0", "Sheet 1", etc...). I would like to be able to check if "X853" exists in Sheet 0 - n.

2. When I add a sheet, I am not sure how to add fields (the first row), so that I can add rows afterwards with the received data.
Can you please share the workflow URL in which you have tried the same?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @pburki

Sure thing! If you're having trouble finding a specific sheet in your Google Sheets, you can make use of the "Google Drive: Global Search" action step. This will effortlessly handle the task for you, making your search much simpler and more efficient.

2024-01-18_15h51_17.png

1705573366512.png

pburki

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed, my issue is not to find a worksheet (document) within Google Drive, but to know if a specific sheet (within a worksheet/document) exists. What I am trying to achieve is the following: I receive incoming data. This dataset contain a reference to a sheet. If the sheet exists, then it should add the data as a new line in the sheet. If not, it should create the sheet and add the data in the newly created sheet. Does this make sense?

Thanks and best regards,

Philippe

Supreme

Staff member
Indeed, my issue is not to find a worksheet (document) within Google Drive, but to know if a specific sheet (within a worksheet/document) exists
If you try the Google Drive action step it will search the file from Google Sheets as per your requirement.

Please check closely -

1705640794069.png

pburki

I am not trying to see the existence of a document, but of a sheet within the document:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 08.42.34.png

Ï do not need to search into the full Google Drive, but into a single document.
Thanks
Philippe

Supreme

Staff member
Consider using the List Sheets action step as an effective solution. This step retrieves sheet details, including the names. You can then utilize this information in the Filter action step, specifically with the 'Contains' filter type.

2024-01-19_15h52_18.png

Filter condition which will check for the sheet name in the filter action step -

2024-01-19_15h52_23.png

pburki

Thank you. this is the last step, that I do not know how to achiever, because in my drop-down, I have only "Sheet 0 - properties title" and "Sheet 1 - properties title", but obviously, since I want to check if the sheet exists, it needs to check "Sheet 0" and "Sheet 1". In you screenshot, you seem to have a formula and not a field.

Thanks
Philippe
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 12.03.16.png

Supreme

Staff member
Consider using the List Sheets action step as an effective solution. This step retrieves sheet details, including the names. You can then utilize this information in the Filter action step, specifically with the 'Contains' filter type.

1705662319927.png
Kindly capture the action step response in advance response by toggling the "Simple Response" button.

pburki

Thank you, now I got it.

There was a second question in my original post: when I create a sheet, can I directly add labels ? Once a sheet is created through Pabbly Connect, I want to add data, but I do not have fields.

Thanks,

Philippe

Supreme

Staff member
You can try creating the new sheet from the "Google Sheets: Create a Spreadsheet" action step.

2024-01-20_10h41_29.png

pburki

Thank you very much for your support.
If I want to create a new spreadsheet, I have the possibility to enter Row Values, but if I want to create a new Sheet within an existing spreadsheet, I do not have this option:
Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 10.41.55.png

I have solved my problem by adding a separate step to append values, but this requires then 2 tasks, instead of one when you create a spreadsheet.

Thanks and best regards,
Philippe

Status
Not open for further replies.