• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Text Parser by Pabbly

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksande

Hey guys ... when setting the "Text match: after" and "Text match: before" fields is there a "wildcard" character that can be used?

For example ... if I wanted to text match after "cherrypie" OR "strawberrypie", is there a character I can use to represent the bolded portions? For example "*pie"

If not ... is there a way to include OR in the "Text match: after" syntax?

Thanks so much!!!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @eriksande,

Hey guys ... when setting the "Text match: after" and "Text match: before" fields is there a "wildcard" character that can be used?

For example ... if I wanted to text match after "cherrypie" OR "strawberrypie", is there a character I can use to represent the bolded portions? For example "*pie"
I am afraid there is no such 'wildcard' character that can be used in the manner you are describing. However, if you use the Text Parser in this way, it will always give you the text written after the word 'pie,' even if it's part of a different word.
1700332392811.png

If not ... is there a way to include OR in the "Text match: after" syntax?
There is no way to include an OR condition in Text Parser. You can try adding multiple Text Parsers to your workflow if you have different words for the 'Text match: after' field.

eriksande

Hi @eriksande,

I am afraid there is no such 'wildcard' character that can be used in the manner you are describing. However, if you use the Text Parser in this way, it will always give you the text written after the word 'pie,' even if it's part of a different word.View attachment 34276

There is no way to include an OR condition in Text Parser. You can try adding multiple Text Parsers to your workflow if you have different words for the 'Text match: after' field.
Thanks Arshil … quick follow up question. Does the parser distinguish between lowercase and uppercase? Will it read M the same as m?

Status
Not open for further replies.