• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

The data imported from Asana into Google Sheet is incorrect

TMI

Hi, I am unable to correctly mapping the new created tasks.
It either gives me the name of the field or an empty cell.
Also, the date is not in the format I would like it to be as it inserts date and time, while my existing Asana exports only have the date in this format: yyyy/mm/dd

Can you please help?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TMI

We looked into your workflow and it is working correctly. We have re-executed one of your latest tasks and it is working.

Though to convert the Date/Time from the created time to "YYYY-MM-DD" you can use "Date/Time Formatter by Pabbly: Format Date Only"(free).

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

2022-05-02_13h06_53.png

TMI

Hi, it's been a while, sorry, but I am trying to make this during my spare time.

One thing I am not sure about your product.
Once I have mapped a spreadsheet and populated it with new tasks, will I also be able to modify existing tasks and reflect it in the spreadsheet in the corresponding row that already exist?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TMI

Once I have mapped a spreadsheet and populated it with new tasks, will I also be able to modify existing tasks and reflect it in the spreadsheet in the corresponding row that already exist?
Do you want to re-execute the already executed task or do you want to run the same execution but with the update option? Also, elaborate on your concern, so that we can guide you on that.

TMI

Sure:
I would like to use only one spreadsheet that reflects all the asana tasks that we have.
When we create a new task, I understand it's not a problem to add a new row for a new task.
But if we alter an existing tasks (which is already in the spreadsheet since it was created in the past), we need that row to be updated.

For instance:
On 01/06 we create a new task which goes on row 10
then we create 10 more tasks on 02/06.
In total we have 20 rows.
Today, I update the task that was created on 01/06. Will Pabbly update row 10?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TMI

Your use case seems possible to use, could you please also tell us that the Updated task details coming from the Asana Itself which you wanted to update in your Google Sheet?

Further, if you already implemented the use case in your account, kindly do let us know. So that we can do the arrangements for you in the respective workflow.

TMI

Thanks, yes, the update would always come from the asana task originally created.
Ok, thanks, this is enough for me to know that we can proceed with buying a subscription.
I am not sure if you can help us set what we need or if I will have to be doing it by myself

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TMI

We are currently looking into your use case, so kindly allow us some time. Since it required some additional customization in the "Asana trigger" which is not mentioned in their API docuemantion.

We shall notify you of an update soon if that is possible to integrate.

Reactions: TMI

TMI

Hey @TMI

We are currently looking into your use case, so kindly allow us some time. Since it required some additional customization in the "Asana trigger" which is not mentioned in their API docuemantion.

We shall notify you of an update soon if that is possible to integrate.
Thanks, I am open to whatever recommendations and workaround you have for us :)

TMI

In the meantime, I have inquired Asana directly, and they confirmed it's not possible at the moment.
As I said above, if you have any idea on how to find a workaround to it, I'll be more than happy to proceed as I am currently exporting tasks manually to match what's currently on Asana.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TMI

We have also looked into the workaround by creating workflows but it doesn't support retrieving the sub task on the basis of the project.

So I am afraid to say this use case might not be possible at the moment.

Thanks for your understanding!