• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

tradingview to google sheets webhook confirmation

Prim

Hi,
I am trying to set up a workflow from tradingview to send indicator alerts to google sheets via webhooks. The issue I have is that some of the indicators are on very long timeframes, 6 to 9 days in some cases. When I set up a webhook it asks for "waiting for webhook response". In tradingview I can not send a test signal and if I have a 6 day timeframe for example then it may take weeks or months to get the first trigger sent via the webhook. Is there any solution to this? Can I set up the WF without a webhook response and wait for the first trigger to come?

Also is it possible, within a single workflow and using just one webhook, to have multiple conditions, or do I need to set up a new WF for every trigger condition received? For example: If trigger long is received then add value X into google sheets. If trigger short is received add value Y into google sheets.

For reference, I use hundreds of indicators on many different time frames (from hours to days) and want to add their state (long or short) into a single google sheets document. The way I currently understand it I would need to set a long and short WF for each one, which is an enormous amount of work to set up. Any help in minimising the work load is highly appreciated.

I have watched this video but it didn't answer my question:

That you for any help.

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Prim,

You cannot set up a workflow without a response in your trigger step; that is not possible. You need to create a new alert and trigger the workflow the way it's shown in the video; that is the only solution for now.

You can set up multiple conditions from a single webhook response using Routers.

Prim

Hi @Prim,

You cannot set up a workflow without a response in your trigger step; that is not possible. You need to create a new alert and trigger the workflow the way it's shown in the video; that is the only solution for now.

You can set up multiple conditions from a single webhook response using Routers.
Hi Arshil,
OK understood. Thanks. Will the webhook keep "waiting for webhook response" until it gets a signal, even if this takes days or weeks? I can try to set the mall up and wait for a trigger but don't want t put in all that work if it doesn't work like this.
Thanks

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I had a discussion with the technical team, and they have informed me that the webhook will not wait for that long to capture the alert. We suggest that you create an alert in your TradingView account that gets triggered in a short period so that the response is captured in your workflow setup.

The other indicators, which will take 6 to 9 days, will automatically be captured in the automation.