• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trigger Action Step by inbound Link Click

RoCrow

I have a workflow that has sending a Telegram message as one of the Action Steps.

That message contains Two button Links/URLs; LinkA and LinkB

When that Step gets Actioned, it sends a message to one of my team to check something. If they approve it, they'll click Button LinkA in the Telegram message. If they disapprove it, they'll click LinkB in the same Telegram message.

If they click LinkA, I would like that to trigger the next Action Step in my Workflow (which would draw data from the previous steps of my Workflow).

Is there:

a) any current tool in Pabbly that can do this?

b) any workaround for it?

Effectively, I want to be able to Route the subsequent Action Steps of a Workflow depending on the A/B input of a human during one of the previous Steps of the Workflow.

I can imagine this has a large usecase among Users (e.g. for processes admin)

Any ideas how I can make it work?

EDIT: I believe Zapier has that option with their webhooks; to be triggered upon a link click. Can we have that option too please?

(this is generated by ChatGPT, but I read on a post somewhere that this is possible with Zapier:)
  1. Set Up a Trigger:
    • Choose "Webhooks by Zapier" as the trigger app.
    • Choose "Catch Hook" as the trigger event and click "Continue".
    • Zapier will provide you with a custom URL. Copy this URL.
  2. Create Your Email:

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @RoCrow,

The use case you are describing is currently not possible with Pabbly Connect, and unfortunately, there is no workaround for this use case at the moment.

If you want such a feature to be added to Pabbly Connect, you can submit a request on our dedicated platform: https://pabbly.featureos.app/b/Feature-Request

Our development team will look into your request, and if possible, add the desired feature to Pabbly Connect.

Himesh

I have a workflow that has sending a Telegram message as one of the Action Steps.

That message contains Two button Links/URLs; LinkA and LinkB

When that Step gets Actioned, it sends a message to one of my team to check something. If they approve it, they'll click Button LinkA in the Telegram message. If they disapprove it, they'll click LinkB in the same Telegram message.

If they click LinkA, I would like that to trigger the next Action Step in my Workflow (which would draw data from the previous steps of my Workflow).

Is there:

a) any current tool in Pabbly that can do this?

b) any workaround for it?

Effectively, I want to be able to Route the subsequent Action Steps of a Workflow depending on the A/B input of a human during one of the previous Steps of the Workflow.

I can imagine this has a large usecase among Users (e.g. for processes admin)

Any ideas how I can make it work?

EDIT: I believe Zapier has that option with their webhooks; to be triggered upon a link click. Can we have that option too please?

(this is generated by ChatGPT, but I read on a post somewhere that this is possible with Zapier:)
  1. Set Up a Trigger:
    • Choose "Webhooks by Zapier" as the trigger app.
    • Choose "Catch Hook" as the trigger event and click "Continue".
    • Zapier will provide you with a custom URL. Copy this URL.
  2. Create Your Email:
Both zapier and Pabbly Connect webhook works same way. So if you are able to do something with zapier webhook then it will work in pabbly connect as well.

Pabbly Connect webhooks can be triggerd via Button link as well, it similar to posting in new tab of a browser window with some parameter at the end of the webhook URL . e.g. - https://webhookurlhere?data=test

Feel free to contact me if you want to explore this in detail over a zoom call.