• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trouble with filter in Notion

Mathilde

Hello,
I want to use Pabbly to add Contacts to a Notion Database (and a Mailerlite group, but this part is working), or update the contact details if it already exists.
The trouble is how to correctly filter that...
I've tried different ways but they don't work : with a Query, it seems that my filters don't work, I've got an error even if I checked the syntax...

I've found a post with a similar problem but I don't find the "search date base item" action for Notion, like I saw it that post so...

I just want to check if the mail of my person exists in the database, and update or create the database item, depending on that.

Can anyone help ?

Thank you ;)

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Mathilde

Could you kindly share the URL of the workflow where you attempted this so that we can investigate further?

You can also refer to the screenshot below to verify the presence of the email address in your database.

1711538824849.png

Mathilde

Hello @Supreme,
Thank you and yes, here it is : https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow...NATlaTgcDAlQBcldZUkBcXwZ8Uh9WLQNgWGtcAllxVDU#

The syntax wasn't ok, I've corrected it but it's not enough : maybe it's difficult because my mail is a variable ... I need to check if the new contact already exists, and of course, the mail will change for every contact.

I've checked with a fixed email that is present in my database, it gives the same result.

Do I need to have a select property for this automation to work ? Initially it was a mail property, I've seen they're not supported, so I changed my property to text property. Select... would be strange, a choice field with a different value for each line...

Here is the screen capture.

Thank you very much !

Capture 2024-03-28 à 13.53.26.png

Supreme

Staff member
Please check now, we have corrected the syntax and the query is now passing correctly.

1711694518646.png

Mathilde

Wow ! Thank you a lot ! 🎉🚀 💃
That seems to work fine, I have finished the workflow and found in the end, the way to do that !

I would just need a next step : if possible, I'd also like to create the event in the database connected to this "Personnes" database. Do you think it's possible to do it in the same workflow or should it be a second one ?

(And I need to change mailerlite for System.io, but it shouldn't be too difficult).

Thank you again, really ! It's so good to have help here !

Supreme

Staff member
I would just need a next step : if possible, I'd also like to create the event in the database connected to this "Personnes" database. Do you think it's possible to do it in the same workflow or should it be a second one ?
Can you provide details or a reference regarding the type of event you wish to create in Notion and the process involved? This will help us determine its feasibility.

Mathilde

Yes, I have a second database connected to the database "Personnes", where items are my events (its name is "Planning"). I use it for time tracking on my projects, invoicing, etc. It's more like a rich calendar. What I would need would be : when someone takes an appointment in Calendly, that creates or updates an item in the "Personnes" database (that's Ok now), and that creates an item in the "Planning" database. In that item, I would need : the name of the event (text property), the duration (date property), the person I see if possible (relation property, more complex !), mainly. And maybe the project which it refers too, depending on the kind of event it is, that would be great. But maybe it's too difficult : project is a relation property. But I know what kind of event would belong to which project.

And for Systeme.io, it's more complicated than I thought... their property fields for contacts seems to all have to be completed, and even if I put a fix data for the ones I haven't in my Calendly appointments, I've got an error. I've already asked the System.io support and I'm waiting for their answer. Here is my workflow link : https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow...eBzxdSQMHBFJWJVZYVUdXVFAqVRhSYVMaDT4PUVlxBWQ#
I'm afraid its not really built for talking with other apps...
Or, I will have to drive people to put themselves the data in the app.

Thank you for your quick answers ! 👍

Mathilde

Hi ;) I will just delete the System.io step here : sorry, it works very well in Zapier. While Notion doesn't work well at all in Zapier...
But my question for the database Planning still remains ;)

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Mathilde

To create or update the Notion Items you can first use the Router action step where you can set 2 routes and can create conditions to create the item and update the Item accordingly.

Here is the video lesson updating the Notion database page.

(Watch the second part of the video)