• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Update Google Sheets from Notion Multi-select Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkk666

Hi. I am trying to update Google Sheets spreadsheet from Notion database. I want anything updated in any field in Notion database can be auto-updated in Google Sheets.

I created a workflow of
1. Trigger: Notion update items
2. Action: Google Sheets: Look up Spreadsheet Rows
3. Action: Google Sheets: Update Rows

However, it turned out only the text fields are updated while the multi-select column [Categories] is not working.

I tried to add an Action of Lookup Table before Look up Spreadsheet Rows (which I was not sure if this is what i supposed to do). I was not sure about the data mapping though and it didn't work well.

Can I know how to set up the workflow so that when I Add/ Delete the multi-select options it can update accordingly in Google Sheets?

Thank you!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @kkk666,

Based on my limited understanding of your use case, it seems that you want to add or delete multi-select options in Google Sheets when they are added or deleted in Notion. I'm afraid this specific use case is currently not possible.

kkk666

Hi @ArshilAhmad
Thank you for the reply. Sorry for not being clear enough in my question.

When I Add/ Delete the multi-select options in Notion, I want it to be updated in Google Sheets as a text field. That means it doesn't have to be multi selection in Google Sheets. It just has to appear in Google Sheets as text to show me the data.

For example here is one of the entries I have in Notion. It is already synced to Google Sheets.

FireShot Capture 391 - 台灣 - www.notion.so.png

2024-02-12 164343.png

I have the "Categories" column with multi-selection so when I am looking for different meal I can filter the information in Notion. The options are shown in Google Sheets as plain text in a cell but not multi-select dropdown list. When I update the options in Notion, let's say adding a "western style food" tag, is it possible for it to auto update in Google Sheets as text "breakfast, dessert, dinner, lunch, western style food"?

Thank you!

Subin

Staff member
Hey @kkk666 !

Kindly check below Google Sheet steps, if this can work for you-

1707737923340.png

Add new step as shown below with the instructions-

1707738127311.png

This will work only for adding single updates. It will not work for the Delete row.

You can check at your end, as this is just a workaround.

kkk666

Hi @Subin. Thank you so much for your advice. I tried it out but the updated data in Google Sheets is not the options I added in Notion.

This is the original table in Google Sheets.
ds

"Test BBB" and "Test CCC" tags are added in Notion.
2024-02-14 010111_T.png

The spreadsheet is updated but the data added are incorrect.
2024-02-14 160937_T.png

I think there is probably something wrong with the mapping of the additional data in the Update Cell Value Step.

Before I set up the workflow, The tags for Kyoto Motoi Gyoza were "dinner" and "lunch". So the response I got from Step 1 were these two options.
2024-02-14 161708_T.png

When mapping the cell value to be updated in Step 3 (image below), I could only map the [2. Response Result] part but couldn't find the additional data part to add. So I went back to Notion to add a [Test AAA] tag and refresh the response result in Step 1. After that I could find [1. Properties categories Multi Select 2 Name : TEST AAA] in the drop list and map it in.

The way that I went back to change the response result in Step 1 when I was already doing Step 3 is probably wrong because that should be also changing the response result in Step 2, which is the [2. Response Result] part of the cell value mapped in Step 3. Can I know what is the correct way to map the additional data part please?

Also, do I need to map all of the possible options I may add in Notion in the future so that the system can recognize the options whenever I add them?
2024-02-14 161228_T.png

Thank you so much for your help!

Subin

Staff member
Hey @kkk666 !

Can you once capture a response with multiple tags in Notion with Simple Response OFF -

1707904866846.png

Once done, we can check further is the usecase which you have mentioned is possible or not.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @kkk666 !

We have created a dummy workflow by the name "CLONE - [Update Cell Value] " inside your account.

Kindly use the response of both the "LineItemizer" step to map data inside Google Sheet Lookup and then in Google Sheet update Cell steps.

Once done, do check further if it's working now as per your requirement or not.

kkk666

Hi @Subin .

The new workflow works well. Now it will update accordingly no matter adding tags on top of existing ones or changing all the existing tags.

Thank you very much for you help. Really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.