• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

URGENT: More than 51000! paid tasks were executed within about 20 min?

apps

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzMDA0MzQ1MjZjNTUzMzUxM2I1MTYwNTQzMyI_3D_pc
No, I am not exaggerating. See this:

ISSUE 1:
One workflow has almost eaten all of my 55.000 monthly paid tasks in a very short time + 46.000 free ones :-O. So I'm screwed because the rest of my business workflows now might end up failing this month. What's happening with this flow?

It is this one:
I have turned it off now. Can you check what the issue is please? I don't see why it loops so much.

ISSUE 2:
Also consistently step 25 fails everytime I trigger this flow with this error: "Required field is missing". But when I test it in the flow directly it works everytime. I have checked this article https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/how-to-fix-required-field-is-missing-errors-in-pabbly-connect.7488/
The problem seems to be that step "25. Google Drive: Share a File With Anyone" - does not return a file URL when it is triggered - only when i test.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @apps,

Issue 1:
Based on the workflow you have shared, I can see that you have used 'Workiom: Record Updated' as your trigger event. This means that every time a record is updated, your workflow will be triggered. In Step 27 of the same workflow, you have added 'Workiom: Update Record' as your action application. As the name suggests, this action updates a particular record. This is the root cause of the looping issue you have encountered. Since you have mapped the record ID from the trigger step to Step 27, you are essentially updating the same record again and again.

Issue 2:
Please share the Task History ID, in which you faced this concern.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The Task History you have shared above is associated with Issue 1. Step 25 in the execution doesn't have the 'Required Field is Missing' error. However, Step 15 in this execution does have the 'Required Field is Missing' error, and that is because you haven't mapped anything in Step 15 in your workflow setup. You need to map a date from above, for this step to execute properly.

1702679775752.png

apps

Issue 1:
Why does pabbly automatically disable the workflow when a loop like this happens? It did that earlier.

Issue 2:
That is not the error I refer to. Check step 23 and step 25 here in this history item instead IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzMzA0M2Q1MjY1NTUzMTUxMzE1MTZiNTQzNCI_3D_pc: Step 15 along with many other steps are not used at all. So those errors can be ignored. The only reason why extra non used steps are there for is because it's not possible to temporarily disable steps in Pabbly Connect.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Issue 1:
Our systems detect when there is an unusual amount of tasks being consumed in a very short period of time and disable the workflow to prevent task exhaustion, especially when there are failed tasks in those executions.

Issue 2:
IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzMzA0M2Q1MjY1NTUzMTUxMzE1MTZiNTQzNCI_3D_pc
The data in Step 23 of this workflow is mapped from Steps 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. So, anytime there is an error in any of those steps, the execution of this step is also skipped. Since the data in Step 25 is mapped from Step 23, anytime Step 23 is skipped, Step 25 is skipped as well. In this execution, none of those aforementioned steps encountered any errors; therefore, Steps 23 and 25 were executed properly.

IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzMDA0MzQ1MjZjNTUzMzUxM2I1MTYwNTQzMyI_3D_pc
In this execution, you encountered errors in Steps 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12—steps on which Step 23 depends. Therefore, the execution of Step 23 was skipped, and since Step 23 was skipped, Step 25 was also skipped.

If you want to prevent Step 23 from being skipped when there is an error in the previous step, you can disable the 'Ignore Error' feature for this particular step.
1702745778107.png

apps

Hi @ArshilAhmad,

Thanks for the answer!

Issue 1:
About "Our systems detect when there is an unusual amount of tasks being consumed in a very short period of time and disable the workflow to prevent task exhaustion, especially when there are failed tasks in those executions."

It clearly does not do that in every case since Pabbly ate 52000 of my paid tasks without pausing due to the failure..

Issue 2
Ok, thanks. I have tried a fix now that hopefully stops it from looping, but I have another problem here:
Whenever I update the Workiom entry Pabbly does not receive the entry (eg. the webhook does not trigger). The workflow has been turned on again. All responses up to letter I are old - from the 15th of Dec.

Why does Pabbly not receive anything from Workiom all of a sudden after I unpaused the workflow? I have been trying to test my fixes here on the 19th of Dec.

Nothing shows up in the history since Dec 15.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Issue 1:
That's because you had a lot of tasks in those workflow executions that were successfully executed. It becomes disabled when none of the tasks in a particular execution is successful. In your case, the majority of the tasks were successful across all the executions.

Issue 2:
Please ensure that the webhook created for this workflow is still intact in your Workiom account; make sure its not disabled.

If that doesn't fix your issue, try creating a new workflow from scratch (without cloning). Use Workiom as the trigger step and attempt to capture the response in that workflow.

apps

Hi @ArshilAhmad,

Issue 1:
Could be nice if this pause function could be improved. Because loosing 52000 tasks in few minutes is not good.

Issue 2:
I have not disabled anything in Workiom. I connect via the API key and using your Workiom triggers.

I tried what you did - create a new workflow from scratch and that works. It is here.

But it's not a solution as I have built a huge workflow. It seems that after it gets to response I it just stops receiving new responses.
I have also tried to delete the trigger steps and readd it - but it doesn't work after this either.

apps

@ArshilAhmad ,
I fixed it by making a clone of the old workflow, then replacing the trigger with a different trigger. And saving. And then setting it back again to the right trigger.

But then I disabled the workflow and enabled it again - and then again it is dead. Does not respond again.
This is the new flow:
So it seems putting a Workiom workflow on pause in Pabbly breaks it. Can you look into solving this?

apps

I have done 3 clones now using the above technique - trying to fix it. it does not trigger when the item updates in Workflow except when testing it. and then it only does it until you turn it off and on once. And then its dead.
This is the latest attempt: