• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

URL Posted On Facebook Not Being Interpreted Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitGamey

Hi, firstly let me say that I love the functionality of Pabbly Connect! I have it working now where it detects a change in a Google Sheet and makes a post to Facebook.

All the data for the post is in one cell which includes a URL.

pabbly0.png

The issue I have is that when the Facebook group post is made, while the URL IS hyperlinked, it does not display the image as if I made the post manually.

The initial Pabbly post looks like this:
pabbly1.png

As soon as I edit the post, it looks correct like this:
pabbly2.png

Then without making any changes and just clicking [Save], the post shows as I wanted it to:
pabbly3.png

Is there a way to have it post correctly?
Do I need to look into splitting the URL into a separate column and then would it work?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

BitGamey

Thanks for the suggestion but since it only lets me map to all of the data, it gave an error. I guess it was trying to hyperlink the whole cell.

pabbly4.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I have added a Text Formatter to your workflow to divide the text and URL into different parts. Please note that the posts you are trying to make should always come in this format: **Description** <URL>, so that the Text Formatter could work properly. If not, then you will encounter an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.