• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Using Dropbox to update team.

7alan

Hi Pabbly Team, I'm trying to use Dropbox to notify my team there are new files ready to be edited. We might drop hundreds of photos a day and want our editors to know there are fresh files ready to process.

Is it possible to have the trigger set to check once every 30 minutes, and to send one notification instead of 100+?

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @7alan

Can you please elaborate on your use case? Please mention, what information would be sent in the message to your team.

Also, creating a trigger to check for new files in Dropbox every 30 minutes wouldn't be possible as of now. However, after understanding your full use case, we can look for some workarounds that can fulfill your requirements.

7alan

Hello @7alan

Can you please elaborate on your use case? Please mention, what information would be sent in the message to your team.

Also, creating a trigger to check for new files in Dropbox every 30 minutes wouldn't be possible as of now. However, after understanding your full use case, we can look for some workarounds that can fulfill your requirements.
Thanks for your reply.

My use case is simple. I'm a photographer in need of transferring my files to my editor. My editors are on standby in a Google Chat workspace waiting for a notification. All preprocessed raw files are uploaded into dropbox on my end. They need to know there are new files within 30 minutes.

Automation is of the utmost importance. Manual notification is not going to work. It takes way too long on my end to upload photos of this quantity and size and there is human error when getting distracted doing other tasks.

So far I have new file into Dropbox as trigger but it is sending a notification in Google chat for each new raw photo added. I'm looking for just one notification. For Example, is there a creative way to add a step in the middle to compile the info and just send a notification once? Like adding all the uploads to a spreadsheet and categorizing the count, then sending a notification saying "hey team, there are 543 new items in the Dropbox" that checks this spreadsheet count? Idk, something simpler is obviously better. This is a daily routine.

Any help is appreciated.

Himesh

Hello @7alan ,
You can use Counter by pabbly connect or you can append the data to Gsheet and end of the day with Delay function, you can achieve that.
If you are still not able to solve this on your own feel free to DM me and we can do a free zoom call. FYI I'm not from Pabbly Connect team, just a freelancer who helps other Pabbly users.

7alan

Thank you both for your effort and assistance with this workflow. Would there be a way without using hundreds and hundreds of tasks each day? Seems like adding each file to dropbox into a sheets & counting / presenting the status of the sheet into the Google Chat would still consume tasks excessively.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
'Dropbox: New File' trigger step will execute your workflow for each file uploaded to the specified folder, and there is no workaround for that. You can set up Google Sheets as your trigger step and manually enter the file count into the spreadsheet, which could then trigger your workflow and send the message on Google Chat. This would eliminate the need for Dropbox in your workflow altogether.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any task-efficient way to automate your exact use case.