• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Using Router

DGBN

When setting Filter & Action Steps;
I would like the VALUE field to represent a number of text characters, which will determine whether the next action is carried out. eg if the total number of characters value in the "Select Label" field (text) is less than 250 do this, if greater than 250, do that.

However, it appears the VALUE field ONLY allows those values offered from the dropdown list of previously set up actions. Also, it's not clear whether the "Select Label" field can be read in total character terms.

Is it possible for the "Select Label" textual value in character numbers to be read as a total character number, which can then be measured against the VALUE field to determine whether the next step is made?

Or, are further previous "Actions" steps required to enable this determining calculation of total message characters to work?

Many thanks

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @DGBN,

The scenario you are describing is possible. You just need to use Code by Pabbly: Run JavaScript (Beta) to find the number of characters in a workflow. Following that, use Text Formatter by Pabbly: Text Parser to extract the number, and then use this number in your Router.

JavaScript:
const sentence = "This is a sentence.";

const characterCount = sentence.length;

console.log(`The sentence "${sentence}" has ${characterCount} characters.`);

Pabbly-Connect (28).png

I solved a similar problem i was having myself by using a number formatter module set to performing a spreadsheet operation. Then use a formula like this:

if(LEN("value to count")>250,"true","false")

When setting up the router you can select the number formatter module and check if it is true or false.