• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Wave Accounting create a transaction with multiple line items

ChandlerW

Hello fine folks at Pabbly!

I have run into an issue with your integration with Wave accounting in Pabbly Connect, specifically the "Create Transaction with Line Items" action. Is there a way to create multiple line items for the same transaction? This task can be done in Zapier.

What I use this for is a way to record Stripe payments in Wave. One transaction is recorded in Wave that consists of the line item for the charge and the line item for the Stripe payment processing fee. So, for example, a charge of $2 in Stripe is recorded in Wave as one total transaction of $1.64, with a line item of $2 for the sale and a line item of $0.36 for the Stripe processing fee.

Does that make sense? Essentially the Wave "Create Transaction" action needs to be able to assign multiple line items for the transaction, not just that one.

Please let me know if you need any information from my Zapier account on how I have this setup there, or if you need screenshots to get a better understanding of what I'm saying.

Thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ChandlerW
Please let me know if you need any information from my Zapier account on how I have this setup there, or if you need screenshots to get a better understanding of what I'm saying.

Could you please share the screenshot on your concerning use case and also do let us know what other fields you required.

Regards

ChandlerW

Thanks for getting back to me, @Supreme!

Attached is what I am referring to in Zapier. A transaction in Wave is split into the following parts:

1. Date
  2. Description
  3. Number format
  4. Sale amount (total charged to the customer)
  5. Income category (general "Sales" for me in Wave)
  6. Sales tax abbreviation (none for me)
  7. Sales tax account (none for me)
  8. Payment processing fee amount
  9. Payment processing fee account (for me, "Merchant Account Fees")
  10. Payment deposit account (for me, "Stripe Payments")
  11. Notes
  12. Created at
  13. External ID
What occurs in Wave is:

This is listed as a deposit with the amount of Sales - Merchant Account Fees to the overall account of "Stripe Payments" with a split transaction. The split transaction is: Gross amount of Sales and Merchant Fees.

So, in Pabbly, there needs to be optional line items for each Wave transaction to add a payment processing fee and/or taxes. These then are submitted as a part of the overall transaction. The Pabbly action is called "Create Transaction (with Line Items)", yet it only creates one line item and there's no space for multiple items.

Additionally, Pabbly requires many different steps to record any Stripe data in Wave that Zapier does not. Pabbly requires a webhook of "New Charge", then a Stripe API lookup to "retrieve a balance transaction", then a whole lot of number formatting to convert Stripe's output into USD for Wave (something like $10 in Stripe is reported by webhook/API as 1000, which then needs to be divided by 100 to get to 10, then formatted as a currecy to get to 10.00 USD.).

Hope that all helps! Thank you!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.15.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.15.50 PM.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.17.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.17.32 PM.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.18.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.18.09 PM.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.19.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.19.23 PM.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.24.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 9.24.50 PM.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ChandlerW

Thanks for the details, kindly allow us some time we are currently looking into it.

Though you can post the same for updating any existing integrations with triggers or action, please send us the request here and upvote it -

hellonext.co/b/Update-Existing-Application

Our integration team will look into it and if possible we will add it to the action event.

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ChandlerW

We cannot provide you with an ETA as Updating an integration takes time considering we have to check system compatibility as well and contact them for partnership.

We will notify you once the integration is updated.

Thanks for your understanding!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ChandlerW
So, in Pabbly, there needs to be optional line items for each Wave transaction to add a payment processing fee and/or taxes. These then are submitted as a part of the overall transaction. The Pabbly action is called "Create Transaction (with Line Items)", yet it only creates one line item and there's no space for multiple items.
For adding multiple lines items, you can pass comma separated values for the relevant line item field of Wave Create Transaction field, please refer to the following thread to understand passing multiple values to line item supporting fields in Pabbly Connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to do pretty much this same workflow right now. It's definitely way more complicated than it was in Zapier. I'm not seeing any way to pull tax in as a line item. It looks like it should be available from Stripe in the balance transaction object - the "fee_details" object is an array, which can return stripe fees, taxes, or application fee as the fee_details.type. I'm not sure how an array would pull into Pabbly (API & Pabbly newbie here) but I need to be able to get both the stripe fee and the sales tax charged as separate line items on my sales transactions. I appreciate any help on how to do this. I did a test transaction with tax & the tax amount didn't appear to pull in anywhere.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @lifeninjamisty

As we can see from your workflow, you are using the API by Pabbly action step incorrectly which is why the API is not responding to your request correctly.

Kindly contact the applications support team for the same.

2022-08-12_13h14_14.png

Adarshs

Staff member
Hey @lifeninjamisty

Please contact the concerned third party API support team as we can see from your workflow, you are using the third party api in API by Pabbly action step.

1660636593317.png