• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Webhook Response

savigdor

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to get an http response as a result of a webhook operation?
I have a javascript xhr.send that I coded that sends data to a webhook I defined in your system, but now I would like to get a result whether the webhook was completed successfully (application-wise) or not so that my code will respond properly (i.e move to the next page or show an error).

Sharon

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @savigdor

When you fire the webhook operation it takes the post data which has been sent to the webhook, once receiving the data on the webhook it returns the 200 status and in response, it returns the JSON containing the status and message from the webhook.

Eg - Taking the reference of Postman

2021-12-03.png

savigdor

Hi supreme,

Thank you for your answer. I'll try to sharpen my question: Can I send alongside the response a json object of my own?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @savigdor

Please elaborate on the need which you want and also send it with the JSON object which you are sending. A reference or short video what you're requirement is about will help us to assist you better.

savigdor

Hi Supreme,

I would like to send json object like this one for instance, that represents the application (i.e. connection in Pabbly) success or failure to do something. It could be something like:
{
operation: SMS Sent,
status: Success, // it can be Success/Failure or some other label
additional_data1: <some sort of short data here in case there is one>,
additional_data2: <some sort of short data here in case there is one>
}

I don't mind that it will be part of the entity Pabbly sends with the 200 OK response, or that it will be sent in some other way.

Waiting for your response,

Sharon

P

PabblyMember3

Hi Supreme,

I would like to send json object like this one for instance, that represents the application (i.e. connection in Pabbly) success or failure to do something. It could be something like:
{
operation: SMS Sent,
status: Success, // it can be Success/Failure or some other label
additional_data1: <some sort of short data here in case there is one>,
additional_data2: <some sort of short data here in case there is one>
}

I don't mind that it will be part of the entity Pabbly sends with the 200 OK response, or that it will be sent in some other way.

Waiting for your response,

Sharon
Hello @savigdor

Are you looking for a webhook verification process with Pabbly Connect for your application? or you just want to send data to Pabbly Connect webhook URL with JSON?

savigdor

Hi Supreme,

If you mean in webhook verification process that I can push my own Json to the client with or without Pabbly's 200 OK reponse - Then yes, this is what I am looking for. The idea is that I'll do some processing with Pabbly's webhook & respond the client whether the processing was successful or not including some short additional data.

The second option that you offered is exactly what I am doing right now, but it's less than what I need (what I mentioned above).

Sharon

P

PabblyMember3

Hello Sharon,

I would appreciate it if you can share some examples or videos of what you want to achieve with Pabbly Connect.

savigdor

I don't have video examples. Nonetheless here's an example:
In the first page I have a Goolge login button. When a user clicks on it, the javascript code sends the data it got from Google Login system to Pabbly Webhook. The Pabbly Connect does some sort of processing. You can see an example for it in a connect I created in Pabbly called "webhook test".

The thing I lack in "webhook test" is that I didn't see if there is a mechanism where I can send a Json to the web page with the Google button I mentioned as a response.

Please forward my request to one of your engineers & let me know if there is a solution to my request.

Sharon