• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Webhook URL return links of created posts

sepson

Hi I've written a small plugin for WordPress, that offers the ability to create social media posts for Instagram and Facebook.
I'm using the WordPress: New Post Published Webhook URL to transmit the data.

Is there any way to retrieve the links of the created posts from both within the response of the webhook?
At the moment the Webhook response is only:
JSON:
{
}

It would be nice to get something like this:
JSON:
{
    created_posts: {
        instagram: "https://www.instagram.com/p/__POST_ID__/",
        facebook: "https://www.facebook.com/__FACEBOOK_PAGE__/posts/__POST_ID__"
    }
}

Main reason is, i want to save this in my WordPress database, that this will be easily checked with an click, that all worked fine and the users know, that the post were already published.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
You can check it through a webbooks testing site called webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside your plugin and do the test event inside the application to see if the webhook is being worked inside Webhook.site. This will double-confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

sepson

Thank you! This won't help me, because there is no further information in the callback of the webhook. I've done a small workaround with an additonal api call, that will do an official api call to instagram. In the workflow of my facebook post creation, i get an id, that i can reformat to get an valid link. not the best solution, but at least it works 😄

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sepson

Thank you for confirming that it works for you. If you require any additional assistance with the API by Pabbly call, please see the video tutorial below.