• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

When to use add new row and append value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketki

I am pushing the form data (name, email, and percentage) from another tool (formaloo) to the Google sheet, I want to update the 'results status' column (this column is not on the form it will update dynamically based on the percentage). I am using the router to conditionally run the event. Inside the filter, I am using Google sheet as the app but for the action event which is the best option 'add new row' or 'append value'. The workflow is working perfectly fine. I simply want to understand when to use the action between 'add new row' and 'append value'

Also what is the difference between those two?

Ketki

Thank you @Supreme.
I understood the difference between the both but can you also tell me when to use which action event?
Is there any particular scenario when choosing one action event over the other is better or can they be used interchangeably?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Both actions can be used interchangeably. We recommend using 'Append Values' when there is a large amount of data or columns in a particular spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.