• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Woocommerce to Excel automation

KiteBud

Hi,

It's great to see that you now have an excel option available for automation. Thanks for adding this function!

I followed the video tutorial
and was able to successfully replicate all the steps using a brand new spreadsheet.

However, my situation is a bit different and I have two separate issues / questions.

1 - The spreadsheet where I want to input the data from my Woocommerce orders is complex and I'm trying to target a specific Column & Row where to start to output each new order. In other words, the data imported is not Cell A2, B2 and so on, but rather starts on Column L42 and so on... Is there a way to target that specific Column and Row to output the data there ?

2- How do you transform the data from Woocommerce to output something different in the spreadsheet ? For example, the date in Woocommerce orders is in this format: 2022-08-28T06:40:09 and I would like it display as 28/08/22 in my spreadsheet. Another example is what If I have data from Woocommerce that says "2% Manual Bank Transfer" and I just want to ouput in my spreadsheet the words "Bank transfer" or another completely set of words ?

thanks!

Christian

P

PabblyMember4

1 - The spreadsheet where I want to input the data from my Woocommerce orders is complex and I'm trying to target a specific Column & Row where to start to output each new order. In other words, the data imported is not Cell A2, B2, and so on, but rather starts on Column L42 and so on... Is there a way to target that specific Column and Row to output the data there ?

I am afraid, the functionality of updating specific columns is not available in Microsoft Excel currently. However, you can achieve the same functionality in Google sheets by using the action step Update Row Value/ Update Range Values.

2 - How do you transform the data from Woocommerce to output something different in the spreadsheet? For example, the date in Woocommerce orders is in this format: 2022-08-28T06:40:09 and I would like it display as 28/08/22 in my spreadsheet. Another example is what If I have data from Woocommerce that says "2% Manual Bank Transfer" and I just want to ouput in my spreadsheet the words "Bank transfer" or another completely set of words ?

You can use the Date/Time Formatter for changing the date format.
Please check the below screenshot:-

1661776260371.png

Also for replacing text, you can use the Text Formatter and can replace any text in the workflow.

1661776490742.png

Thanks
Kunal

KiteBud

Hi Kunal, many thanks for this.

The date transformer works well.

I am making good progress with the text formatter but I have another problem / question.

How can I do a conditional text replacement for the same Action Event.

For example, in one Action Event, if the text contains "XXX" then transform the text to "YYY" but if for the same Action Event, the text contains "WWW" then transform the text to "ZZZ" and so on ?

thanks

Christian

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @KiteBud

You can use the Action "Text Formattter by Pabbly" and use its action event Replace Text in your workflow.

Screenshot for your reference:-

1662095539638.png

Thanks
Kunal

KiteBud

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this does not answer my question or solve my problem.

The text I want to transform is from the same field but can be different depending on the payment type:

1662098651839.png

For example, if the Payment Method Title is : 2% OFF Manual Bank Transfer, I want to transform the text to "Bank Transfer"

But if for the same field, the Payment Method Title is: "Google Pay VISA xxxxx" I want to transform the text to "Credit Card"

If for the same field, the Payment Method Title is: "PayPal user [email protected]" I want to transform the text to "PayPal"

and so on.

How do I do this?

thanks

Christian

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @KiteBud

In this case you can use the "LookUp Table" action and map the "Payment Method Title" in the LookUp key section. However in the LookUp table you have to manually add all the possible scenario for data that is coming in the field.

Once you mapped all the possible scenarios then you will get the required output in the Result field. Please check all the screenshots:-

1662102297532.png

1662102582015.png

Kindly let us know if you have any questions or comments.

KiteBud

Hi Kunal,

Thanks again for this suggestion.

This works well for exact matches but what about a partial match ?

In the examples I gave you above, the VISA xxxx is going to have different numbers each time and the PayPal user is going to have a different email address each time.

How do I got about searching from a partial text inside that label and if that partial text if found, then return a certain value ?

thanks

Christian

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @KiteBud

Ok, in that scenario you can add a router and inside your router, you have to add a condition that when that particular condition will get true then only it will continue. Please check the below screenshots:-

1. This is for condition 2% OFF Manual Bank Transfer, in the result field you will get "Bank Transfer" that you can use in your workflow.

1662109082283.png

1662109137582.png

1662109178290.png

2. This is for condition Google Pay VISA xxxxx, in the result field you will get the string Credit card

1662109319190.png

1662109361078.png

Kindly check the above and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

KiteBud

Hi Kunal,

thanks for this further information.

Unfortunately it doesn't work and the output is unchanged. I think this is because the router is forced to be in the last step of the workflow. Why is that ?

1662169200132.png

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @KiteBud

Yes, the router will be the last step in your workflow. Could you please once try to add all the steps that I mentioned in my previous note inside the router and let us know if it helps?