• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Workflow doesn't work with query function

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjUwNTZmMDYzMDA0MzM1MjZlNTUzNzUxMzEi_pc
Hi Team,
I have a google spreadsheet (Form Responses 1) with some sample data (pic attached below:)
1695797631145.png

I have another sheet (Sheet2) within the same spreadsheet that queries data from the first sheet (Form Responses 1).

1695797873063.png

I have a workflow in pabbly (pic attached & URL mentioned below) that uses new or update Spreadsheet row as trigger & sending email as action.
1695798012704.png

If I use webhook to send data from Form Response 1, then everything works fine. If I try the same with Sheet2, then nothing works. Doesn't pabbly work with formulas ?

Awaiting your reply.
Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @yashodhanbhatt

The Google Sheets platform utilizes straightforward data management techniques. However, it's important to note that incorporating app script or formulas is not allowed in this context. The data can only be transferred through Google Sheets to Workflow without any additional script or formula implementations.

Hi Supreme,
I understood but if that's the case then what's the use of having Google Sheets as a trigger in pabbly ?
Any standard google sheet has at least 10 columns.
Am I expected to manually enter data in all columns manually for the event to get triggered ??

If yes, then how bad is that ?
I strongly recommend that this feature be developed in pabbly.
Almost all entries get filled in google sheets through a formula only..

Awaiting your reply.

And please suggest me a workaroud too of the same.

Supreme

Staff member
As mentioned earlier the automation can be worked with straightforward techniques of Google Sheets if the entries were filled manually or obtained from a third-party application.

1695816603030.png

Hi,
Is there any other third party application apart from Google forms that can fill google sheets automatically ??
I know of only Google Forms.