• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Workflow not triggered with google sheets IMPORTRANGE formula

Devansh

I have two google sheets say sheet1 and sheet2.
The sheet1 gets updated on a form submission and sheet2 has IMPORTRANGE formula attached to it such that it automatically gets updated to copied a specific range from sheet1, something like "IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/abcd123abcd123", "sheet1!A1:C")"

This way whenever any new entry is added in sheet1, the sheet2 is also updated with new values for the specified range.
Now I have connected a pabbly workflow with sheet2 which has the initial setup with pabbly workflow Hook and data till column C.

The send on event item in pabbly extension is also enabled.
But still the workflow is not triggered and now new data is captured in the workflow even though the sheet2 is updated on every new entry in sheet1 via form submission linked with sheet1.

If i setup pabbly workflow directly to sheet1 and enable send on event everything works fine but with sheet2 which is updated using IMPORTRANGE the workflow is not getting triggered.

I am guessing "send on event" is unable to detect any event being triggered on sheet2, but in reality a new row is added in sheet2, which is very common use case of IMPORTRANGE formula in google sheets.

Please let me know if I am missing something here or I need to do any additional setup to achieve the above.

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Devansh

We request our users to not use any kind of formulas or any filter with ImportRange in their Google Sheets to trigger the workflow. Since it might affect the incoming data with the app script.

So, kindly pass the proper data in their Google Sheet to the trigger column manually or from 3rd party application.

1672309607386.png