• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Workflow stopped

Hi there,
Around 16th April I paused my one workflow as I needed to enter 150 products into Shopify and NOT have them appear on Instagram or FB.
The product entries were not going to appear anyway because I would not be providing images for the products and my understanding of the workflow is that an image is the "trigger".
On Friday 3rd May I needed to resume entering products into my website and Enable the workflow.
The product I entered did not appear on Insta or FB. I deleted the product and entered it again but still it did not appear.
Weirdly, there is no log in the history.
Can somebody please investigate and help me get it working again?
Thank you!

P.S. I have been trying to tell you for years that when I DISABLE the Pabbly workflow that it continues to operate (the next day posts start appearing on Insta and FB that I do not want to appear...) I don't exactly recall but I think I disabled the workflow on the old laptop that we originally used when first setting up Pabbly Connect. Maybe I need to check that setting? (I can't do that now as that laptop device is at my store a few suburbs away...)

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @strangeworldrecords,
When a workflow is disabled, the source application continues to send data to the webhook it is connected to. However, since the workflow is disabled, it does not receive the data or respond. Consequently, the source application stops attempting to send data to that particular webhook.

It seems that your workflow was disabled for a considerable period of time, causing the source application to stop attempting to send data to that particular workflow.
We suggest that you clone this workflow and setup your Shopify trigger step again. When you clone a workflow, it creates a new webhook. Upon reconfiguring the connection with the source application, it should begin to send data again.

Follow the steps given in the video shared below to setup Shopify as your trigger application.
====================================================================================

P.S. I have been trying to tell you for years that when I DISABLE the Pabbly workflow that it continues to operate (the next day posts start appearing on Insta and FB that I do not want to appear...) I don't exactly recall but I think I disabled the workflow on the old laptop that we originally used when first setting up Pabbly Connect. Maybe I need to check that setting? (I can't do that now as that laptop device is at my store a few suburbs away...)
You can login to your Pabbly Connect account on any device and disable the workflow. It doesn't have to be the original device from which the workflow was created.

Hello and thank you for responding promptly.
As this workflow took years to get working - involving having to pay somebody via Upwork - I'm always frightened to have to replicate or amend it.
When you say "clone this workflow and setup your Shopify trigger step again" can you tell me - will I have to recreate ANY steps or will the "Clone" take care of everything, including the two "Routes"?

Thank you.

Supreme

Staff member
When you say "clone this workflow and setup your Shopify trigger step again" can you tell me - will I have to recreate ANY steps or will the "Clone" take care of everything, including the two "Routes"?
After cloning the workflow, you will need to reconfigure the trigger event in your application to run the cloned workflow again.

Further, I recall whenever trying to set up a new webhook, there is always a dropdown of options: unstable, release candidate, latest etc.
Please confirm which should be selected and answer my Route question from previous.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Kindly follow the exact steps given in the video share below to setup your Shopify trigger step.

You are supposed to select 'Product Creation' as the Event and choose 'Latest' in the Webhook API version.
1715120550373.png

Yes, cloning the workflow will install the routes in your new workflow. You just need to setup your Shopify trigger step.

Sorry but I think your instructions are incomplete.
I have watched the video and cloned my workflow. I completed the Trigger steps, entered a product in Shopify - and it has the this in the Image SRC area:
but the product did not appear in Instagram or Facebook.
As I said, I believe you missed telling me a step in your instructions.
For example, is it possible I need to add the Action step whereby I need to Find Product By ID?
Before I created the clone, I took screenshots of every step and this step WAS NOT part of the original workflow steps.
Please help me get this working!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Sorry but I think your instructions are incomplete.
I have watched the video and cloned my workflow. I completed the Trigger steps, entered a product in Shopify - and it has the this in the Image SRC area:
but the product did not appear in Instagram or Facebook.
You have setup the trigger step correctly. Now create a new product in your Shopify account; it will appear in your workflow setup (not on Instagram or Facebook).
1715275018507.png

Then create another product in your Shopify account; this product will appear on Instagram and Facebook.

As I said, I believe you missed telling me a step in your instructions.
For example, is it possible I need to add the Action step whereby I need to Find Product By ID?
No, you don't need that. Only the first part of the video (trigger step) was relevant for your use case.

You have setup the trigger step correctly. Now create a new product in your Shopify account; it will appear in your workflow setup (not on Instagram or Facebook).
View attachment 41989

Then create another product in your Shopify account; this product will appear on Instagram and Facebook.

No, you don't need that. Only the first part of the video (trigger step) was relevant for your use case.

Once again your instructions do not make sense.
You are telling me to enter a product - something I already stated I had done.

I have just noticed this in the Route filters, is this what caused it to not work?

1715294200493.png

You have not mentioned this "deprecated" event at all in your instructions.
Both Routes have this deprecated Facebook Pages event (which I don't kow how to repair!)

Also, when the product I entered did not appear on Insta or FB, I clicked the blue button (something about "Send Request & Receive"), which is now back to "Waiting For Webhook Response" - doI need to complete the Trigger step again because I clicked the Send Request button?

Re-reading your newest instructions, it seems you are saying to enter one product - which WILL NOT appear on Insta/FB - then enter another, which WILL APPEAR?

What about the Facebook deprecation?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Also, when the product I entered did not appear on Insta or FB, I clicked the blue button (something about "Send Request & Receive"), which is now back to "Waiting For Webhook Response" - doI need to complete the Trigger step again because I clicked the Send Request button?
You weren't supposed to click on 'Re-Capture Webhook Response' once you had captured the response. That is the reason why I asked you to create 2 more products. One product will be captured in your workflow setup, while the other will be passed on to Instagram and Facebook.

1715294468563.png

Re-reading your newest instructions, it seems you are saying to enter one product - which WILL NOT appear on Insta/FB - then enter another, which WILL APPEAR?
That is correct.

What about the Facebook deprecation?
For now, you don't necessarily have to make any changes in the Facebook Pages action step. Once you have followed the instructions I have stated above, if the data is not passed on to Facebook, we can look into that as well.

Kindly follow the instructions for creating 2 products.