• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Worpress Step Not Showing Post Type

TEM

When I try to create a post using the WP step, it does not generate any post types in the drop-down to choose from, therefore the automation isn't working. Is there a bug with it that is causing issues?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @TEM,

Please grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member. This will allow me to gain a better understanding of your issue.
Once you have added me as a Team Member, do let us know the name of your workflow.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

TEM

Hello! I have added you as a team member and shared the automation I am having issues with. thank you!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The workflow you shared, named 'Automated Writing', does not have a WordPress action step. Is this the correct workflow?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I tried connecting your WordPress account through an existing connection (TEM WordPress), but it looks like the credentials you entered were wrong, which is why I am unable to establish a connection. Please add a new connection with correct credentials. Also, make sure to enter the base URL in the correct format and ensure that you have installed the WordPress Rest API Plugin in your WordPress account.

You can follow the instructions in this video to add a new connection. (Skip to 6:46)

TEM

The login is correct. I even went in and updated the password again to ensure it was correct. I was able to get it to save once but now it 's not working.

I have the correct URL AND the plugin installed. I have no idea what the issue is.

TEM

I was able to connect my clients account (ifamilykc) so you can see the issue I am talking about, but I couldn't get my account (TEM) connected

TEM

I have to map the word "post" into the post type field in order to save the step, but I know that isn't correct

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
There are multiple fields missing from your WordPress 'Create a Post' action event. This usually happens because of an issue with authentication or account setup.

In order to move forward, we need you to make a fresh connection with your WordPress account by following the steps given in the video above. Otherwise, we won't be able to diagnose this problem.

I have to map the word "post" into the post type field in order to save the step, but I know that isn't correct
This will not work.

Apex

I have the same issue and I had to add wp-login to the base url or it would not allow me to log in. But not the post type is not populating. I have been playing with this for hours and I disabled apps. Im tired I just need it work I already added the team member.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The issue appears to be related to the absence of the Basic Auth Plugin in your WordPress account. Please follow the steps provided in the attached thread and watch the accompanying video to install the Basic Auth Plugin. If you have already installed the "Mini Orange" plugin, please ensure to remove that plugin before installing the "Basic Auth" Plugin.

Apex

The issue appears to be related to the absence of the Basic Auth Plugin in your WordPress account. Please follow the steps provided in the attached thread and watch the accompanying video to install the Basic Auth Plugin. If you have already installed the "Mini Orange" plugin, please ensure to remove that plugin before installing the "Basic Auth" Plugin.
OMG thank you it was a combo of issues. I think the root problem was under my user setting the website was a generic .staging url not the sites. I didnt need the other plug in the mini orange worked fine.