• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Zoho Books - Create contact ==> not working

opti-biz

Hi!

I have replaced deprecated action "create contact" in Zoho Books app with the new one, but it does not work.
I get the following error message:
Code 11: Le paramètre JSONString est obligatoire.

Can you please help?

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @opti-biz

Could you please share the workflow name to check the issue? We have checked the workflows and we did not find issues anywhere.

opti-biz

Hello! the workflow is:

Create Zoho Invoice based on Stripe payment​

in route #2 when customer does not exist yet

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @opti-biz

We have made some changes in the Zoho Book -Create Contact endpoint and run it and we are getting this error messages.

1670566204848.png

Please check if you have not given proper access to the portal.

1670566274676.png

Kindly check the details and let me know.

opti-biz

Hello,

The error comes from the fact that field "Is Portal Enabled?" is set to "true" (I indeed wanted to create portal access at the same time): in this case, the api expects contact_person_ID available in the JSON, which is not available by definition, since we are creating the contact_name and contract_person_ID as primary contact at the same time based on fields "First Name", "Last Name" and "email".

1670581155591.png

When I disable client portal access, the contact is properly created
contact_name : tester
1670581607988.png

with primary contact person:
first_name: anny
last_name: go
email: [email protected]
is_primary_contract: true
is_added_in_portal: false

1670582440016.png

1670582137906.png

What this means: I do not think it is possible to create a contact and grant portal access if the primary contact ID is not known/created yet. Hence in the app to create contact, it makes no sense to select "enable portal access".
In case the contact person would already exist, and we would use the "create contact app" enabling access to portal, then we miss a field to map primary contact ID. I believe there is very low probability that someone needs to create a company for an already existing contact person, as we cannot create a contact person independently from a company.

What I will do: simply use the app with "enable portal access" always set on false.
Maybe you should consider:
- either removing field to create portal access from this app (I guess default is false). I believe this is best option
- or add field for contact_person_ID

Kind regards
Fanny Cattiaut
www.opti-biz.com

Attachments

• 1670581719867.png
    1670581719867.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 38
P

PabblyMember4

Hey @opti-biz

Thanks for sharing the details. We have forwarded your suggestion to the technical team. As of now, your endpoint is correctly working so you can use False in the field. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.