• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Can I use Pabbly Connect with OpenAI API (Whisper) to transcribe audio files to text?

Hi All,

I've set up a workflow that asks the OpenAI API to transcribe a .mp3 file from a dropbox folder into a text file.

I've followed the OpenAI documentation but despite passing the location of the file on Dropbox I'm getting the following error message.

1 validation error for Request body -> file field required (type=value_error.missing)

Can I use Pabbly Connect with OpenAI API (Whisper) to transcribe audio files to text?

Cheers

Stephen

OpenAI_Whisper_API.jpeg

orthomax

Hi,
I am looking for a method of converting speech to text for transcription. The input would be a voice file such as mp3 or wav. Output should be text.
Can you help with this ?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @orthomax

Unfortunately, I must inform you that our platform does not currently provide support for multipart/form-data. This content type is referenced by the API, but regrettably, it is not supported at this time.

Hi @Supreme,

Thank you and the team for updating the OpenAI integration with a 'Generate Transcript (Whisper)' action.

I tried to use the updated action but I keep getting a 'Invalid File Format' error message (see image below). It's a 255kb mp3 file stored and shared on Dropbox. I've got plenty of credit on my OpenAI account and I've tried existing and new API connections.

Do I need to set it up differently?

Cheers

Stephen

Attachments

• Pabbly Whisper Error.jpeg
    Pabbly Whisper Error.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Since the file URL you are passing doesn't have direct access to files on Dropbox due to access restrictions.

While it is not possible to convert the provided URL into a playable MP3 URL, here are some options you can try first to convert the audio file to a direct MP3 file.

You can use the Cretomate application to render the ".mp3" file.

In the tutorial video, we demonstrated using a .mp4 file, but you can apply the same method to .mp3 files as well.